HIS NIGHT

To say he was in a pickle was an understatement. Victoria was looking up at him as if he were crazy while his land was under attack. He needed to think. Think Lucas, think!

His nostrils flared and he could smell them.

Rogues.

They smelled like strong pine. He held back a growl, knowing his clueless mate was watching his every move. The only reason he was in this position was because the snapping of a twig a mile within range.

'We can handle this!' A feminine voice cut in.

'No! We can't! Our pack is off guard! They'll out number the ones on duty!' Ethan snapped and Lucas was developing a growing headache.

"Lucas..?" He turned around to see a fragile human sitting up in bed. She was gorgeous. Probably the most beautiful being he had ever laid eyes on. She had flawless bronze skin that was smooth at touch. Her hair fell down in soft loose ebony waves that went past her shoulders and stopped along her bra. Just a few minutes ago he had been ravishing her. Her honey roasted scent was heavy with lust and arousal. And he would be lying if he said his pants weren't tighter then they were before. But now, he had to make up some lie and leave her all hot and bothered for her own protection.

How was he going to get past this one?

"My phone!" He blurted out and her brows knitted in confusion.

"I didn't hear it-"

"I did!" He made his way back to the bathroom and picked up his phone that he had placed on the sink earlier. All he could do now was pretend... and that's exactly what he did.

Running his hands through his hair and coming out of the bathroom, back into his girlfriends view, he sighed. "Its work..."

Victoria crossed her arms and frowned, "what about it?"

He looked up at her with false worry, "someone tried to break in to the office." Lucas watched as her eyes widen and he instantly started feeling guilty.

"I guess you got to go in then..."

"Y-yes, I do."

"Fine." She pouted and rested her back against some pillows piled up at the headboard.

'Alpha!?' Ethan mind linked.

Lucas mentally scolded himself as he threw on a shirt and slipped into unnecessary shoes. "I'm sorry, love." He muttered before walking up to her and kissing her forehead. She looked up at him with deep dark brown eyes and he wanted to crumble under pressure. "I won't be long."

She nodded with sadness lingering in her eyes. He knew by the time he got back, she would be passed out and would have forgotten all about her ankle.

'You better be...' He got a small glimpse of her thoughts and smirked.

'Alpha!' Trying not to rip out of his own skin, Lucas kept calm and exited the room then the house.

'I'm coming.' He growled and the night went silent for only a moment.

The moment he walked out the door, down a hill, and into the trees, the whole world stopped.

A full bred Lycan had taken control.

Lucas's skin ripped while his bones cracked and rearranged.

Like his muscles, his bones thickened and his body took the form of a creature of the night. He was a dark brown wolf, as thick as a bear but as tall as a horse. Muscles sculpted its legs and broad chest that took a lot to be penetrated.