#6. Hopeless

"Well, nice to meet you

"Well, nice to meet you...Pete." The tallest man said while offered for a handshake towards the said name.

New felt Tay's gripped in his wrist tightened, so he looked into his face and saw him turned pale and being froze like a statue which made New wondered what was wrong.

"Who is Pete? Do you know each other?" New asked while tried to release himself from Tay's gripped but to no avail.

"We're close enough to know both inside and outside, right Pete?" Joss said with a smug looked in his face.

Instead of answering his question, Tay turned to New with his serious expression which made New felt timid, "How long did you know him?" He asked with a cold tone.

"Uhh? Since I know Kay, that was when we were still in high school. I often sleep over at here, that's how I know P'Joss."

"And Newwiee, what is your relationship with Pete?" Joss now asking him and New felt like he was being interrogated for doing a bad thing.

"He is my cousin."

"Oww cousin. I thought he is your new friend since you look confuse when I call him Pete. He and I are alumni while I'm doing my study at America. I guess you are not close with one another."

New laughed awkwardly. Joss did said it all that he and Tay were not really closed as he don't even know that Tay was using Pete as his name while living at overseas.

"But again, glad that we've meet, Pete."

Tay scoffed and said, "I'd rather be in jail for murdering instead of having a chance to meet you."

"Woah! What's up with the attitude? I didn't recall you being like this before." Joss laughed amused.

The atmosphere turned more tense that Off needed to interrupt them. "So, enough with the introduction. It's a party time!" He said and dragged Gun with him after wished the birthday boy. The others also followed them except Tay and New who still standing on their same spotted.

"Now, can you let me go?" New asked to Tay who was still holding his wrist.

"I want you to stay with me. Don't you ever dare to come near that guy." He said while looking at Joss who now drinking with his friends. Joss who felt like he was being watching looked around and smile when he spotted Tay and New were looking at him. He waved his hand towards them.

"What's wrong with you?! Can you stop bossing me around?! I'm not a robot!" New had feed up with Tay. "Let me go!" He jerk away and left Tay to join with the others.

*******************

New's POV

We were astonished when we saw the huge birthday cake. 26 candles of different colors were lit around the cake. Anybody could say that some occasion was going on in this house without knowing anything.