Chapter 65 {Oct. 22 Tuesday}

"You need to apologize?" Tobias butts in before I can say anything further. "I slapped you, I should be apologizing."

"I was was worse to you, I slapped you and then called you your father which, by the way is a complete lie." Before I could say anything, he interrupts again.

"Me slapping you kind of proved your point of me being like my father." He said looking at the ground.

"Tobias," I say softly, "you are not your father. Nor will you ever be. You may have slapped me, but I slapped you first. Both literally and metaphorically. Hell if I was you I would've slapped me too."

"I hurt you Tris," he said sadness in his voice his eyes not meeting mine, "that was one thing I never wanted to do."

"Well, guess what? Everyone gets hurt. Everyone has their issues. You know how we deal with it? We ignore the issues and help the person. Tobias, what I did the other night was purely from anger and confusion. If you'd take me back I'd be forever grateful." I say say putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Why? If I let you back in I'll just hurt you again." He said looking at the floor still.

"Toby, I love you. Nothing will ever change that. Being apart, that's what is really hurting me." I say shifting his head to look into my eyes. "I need you Tobias."

"Tris..." he said but I cut him off.

"Tobias, you are not your father. You are you. You are the nicest person I know. You know right from wrong. You are kind and gentle. And nothing can change the love I have for you." I say. Without waiting for a reply I crash my lips to his and the fireworks are still there, and I'm glad we haven't lost that effect on each other.

"Tris, what if I hurt you again?" He asks his forehead pressed to mine. His eyes closed.

"I can handle myself." I say, "so I'm pretty sure I can handle you."

"But what if you can't?"

"I can."

"But what if-"

"Tobias shut up, I can." I say laughing putting a finger to his lips.

"I love you Tris, so much. I'm so sorry for slapping you and calling Nita and everything." He says.

"I'm sorry too, I should have let you talk and tell your side of the story before breaking up with you temporarily." I say. I lean in and our lips mean once again with the spark still there. "I love you so much."

"I love you too,"

"Now to the important stuff. How are we gonna explain lunch to our friends?" I laugh a little. "Also, shouldn't we be getting in like seriously trouble for like you know slapping each other?"

"Yeah, shouldn't we be getting yelled at by the principal." He asks and as if on cue the intercom comes on.

"Beatrice Prior and Tobias Eaton come to the main office. I repeat Beatrice Prior and Tobias Eaton come to the main office. Thank you." It says and then clicks off.

"Well that answers that." I say and take his hand as we walk to the front office. We walk in and the secretary sends us straight to the principal's office.

We walk in and sit down across from the new principal.

He stares at us a moment before finally speaking.

"Hello, I'm principal Demoth." He says, "you must be Tobias and Beatrice."

"Um, it's just Tris," I say sheepishly not liking correcting the principal.

"Tris Prior? Why does that sound familiar?" He wondered out loud, "Oh! That's right, you and my Theo use to be good friends back in grade school, how've you been?" He asks

"Good..." I say, was he really making small talk right now?

"Good, I assume you've seen Theo around at school?"

"Yeah, he's a good kid." I say squeezing Tobias's hand.

"Well that's good, anyways!" He says as if remembering why we are here, "So I hear there was a conflict between the two of you, am I correct."

"Yes sir," I say, "but we've talked and apologized and promised each other that it'll never happen again."

He gave us a skeptical look, "Well, I won't expel or suspend you. I think a week of detention will do. But if anything like this ever happens again..." he left the rest of the sentence to our imagination.

"It won't happen again," Tobias said.

"It better not, you two should both be in huge trouble. Luckily I see that you two made up quickly." He said gesturing towards Tobias and my hands which we tightly woven together.

"Alright, well we are very very sorry for the trouble and we'll see you in detention tomorrow." Tobias and I say standing up.

"Alright, see you then."

We walk out the door and down to our last class.

"Well, how are we going to explain this to everyone?" I ask.

"Can we just leave it to their imaginations?" He asks smiling.

"Are you sure you'd want to do that. Their imaginations scare me." I laugh a little.

"We'll figure something out. I promise." He pecks my lips and then we part ways into the gym locker rooms.

A/N
Okay so, kinda a crappy resolve. But hey, they are together now so you guys can stop hating on me. Also not quite sure why I made Tobias hit Tris, 'cause I can't justify that, it's only kind slightly terrible. However Tris did do the same thing just more verbally. So, I'm not trying to say what Tobias did was right, but it is forgivable..?

😘
Lampy