The Masked Ball

3rd person pov:

The servants began to dress themselves, all wearing stylish black and suits. The hair is fashioned all in the same way and everyone stood up straight. Tonight is the Master's Masked Ball... 

"Come one, come all," is the motto and wearing a mask is a must. 

Waiters and waitresses line up to receive the black masks, the security guards take the white masks and finally private butlers and side-hosts or hostess take gold masks... all surrounding the theme colours. 

Everyone is aware of their jobs that are specifically assigned to them beforehand and headed to their specified locations to work. Male waitresses carry food and drinks while females assist and massage the weary guests. 

The Master didn't invite a lot of people, the list of invitations did not exceed ten.

The Master ordered everyone to be on the best of their behavior and do what the guest tells them to do. 

That's when the heavy clock chimed and guests began walking in slowly.

Among the many waiters; there was one particular waiter who oftens capture the attention of guests.

There stood Aether, awkwardly pouring glasses into the wine cups.

Aether's POV:

Even behind my mask, they can't stop the staring--- My long golden hair was tied back as a braid, flipping left and right as I moved. I can tell most guests were staring at me, wondering why I am wearing a male waiter's outfit... I'm not a girl... but most think I am at first glance.

I continue to lower my head, taking the small shrimp appetisers and going from person to person to hand them out. I tried to ignore the arrogant ones who sit on the leather chairs with their legs crossed and pretended I couldn't see them. As I was dashing around the crowd of people, one of those arrogant ones waved at me, I turned around and hurried the opposite direction.

"Hey you! I know you can see me goldilocks!" he yelled enthusiastically.

I was frozen in my tracks, everyone scooted a path for him to view me.

-Shit-

A few droplets of cold sweat rolled down my face and onto the tray---

I turned around and slowly walked towards him...

"Y-Yes sir?" I mumbled.

He narrowed his eyes, they were icy blue. 

I looked at his hair, they were a nice shade of ginger.

I looked at his face, he is young.

"Admiring me already? Tell me, why did you ignore my wave earlier?"

I didn't know how to answer, I just looked down on the floor.

He grabbed my cheeks and lifted it up, he inched closer... with his eyes glistening... 

After he released my cheek, he smiled and said... "You have lovely eyes, my dear~"

I was stunned... d-dear---? We haven't even met for 5 minutes...

The ballroom was already back to normal, full of noise and blabbering.

"I've got to go serve other guests, here is the shrimp appetizers you wanted," I said while dismissing him with a bow and hurried off until... he grabbed my hand and squeezed it.

I gasped and was pulled backwards, I dropped my tray and it made a loud clatter... 

"Sit... sit down now..." the individual said.

I sat down next to him and watched as he placed his hand on my hair and slowly sliding down my ears and neck. He made me stare at his eyes again and he said, "Remove your mask,"

I shaked my head, master ordered us this is a masked ball. If we break the rules, we'll lose our jobs...

"Remove. Your. Mask." he said again with a more intimidating voice.

I remained calm and did not respond. 

"Fine, have it your way..." he said while snatching my mask off.

I immediately duck after he yanked it off, I hid my face with my hands and faced down...

"I'll cover you," he offered... "Just follow me, I'll bring you to a safe place away from the guests... then I'll give you your mask back... just let me take one look at your face..."

I scowed... he was the reason my mask was off in the first place and now he wants to be the good guy.

I had no choice but to follow him with my face facing down and he gave me his scarf.

Little did I know, where this asshole dragged me to.

-To be continued-