Chapter 19

Aldric's POV

Father nods in agreement. "Public would be best. That way our connections could come and see that he's finally settling down." Why did i expect anything else from my family?

All they are talking about is my 'wedding.'

The only reason i came was because Ricky is spending the weekend with her family. I was dumb enough to think that i could do the same. They have been calling nonstop so i finally gave in.

Idiot.

Mayr..i won't even try to remember her name. My brothers wife nods. "That would be amazing. Cece would love that. Have you called her?" I bounce my leg ready to get out of here as the anger builds up. "I have been busy."

Ignoring her.

"She's such a wonderful girl. You two should start trying for kids as soon as you get married. Your brother has failed at that." Father says pointing his fork at me. I turn to my brother that is now looking down.

His wife fake a smile. "We are trying of course. It just takes time." Mother scoffs before laughing. "It takes one night my dear. It will be your one year anniversary in 2 months. Honestly is there something wrong with you? If there is, you are useless to the family."

She keeps going but i block the sour words of the bitter woman i have to call mother. My thoughts are with Ricky. Time moved so fast that i didn't pay attention. I meet her almost a year ago.

She's leaving, in 3 months comes May with it her graduation.

I shake away whatever this feeling is that burns me. My brother doesn't defend his wife. He cares more about upsetting our parents than he cares for her feelings. She's a stranger and a person im not very fond of her but she's a person still.

"Do you love us?" I ask interrupting my mother. They turn to me in shock all but my father who rolls his eyes dismissively. "What nonsense are you talking about now?"

I shrug. "Growing up you said you were tough because the world was tougher. Guess what? It really is but you are both ruthless. Not once have i heard the words i love you come out of your lips, any of you." I turn to my brother.

Mother just turns her nose up. Father calmly gets up. "We have given you both everything. You are our children that's why we make sure you follow the right path." I get up slamming my hand down on the table.

Mother dramatically jumps holding her chest as if she might die from the noise.

"The right path? You just want us to be you and the moment we aren't you make sure to tell us. I refuse to live like you. That's not the life i want. Even now you can't bring yourself to say I love you to your own children. Do you even love each other?"

They don't look at each other.

I nod turning to my brother. "Take a good look little brother. That will be you in 40 years if you keep listening to him. He doesn't care about anyone but himself." I grab my jacket from the back of the chair walking out.

♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾

I race back to the school tiered of my place. I use to love the quiet but now it was deafening. All i wanted to hear and see was Ricky running around my studio laughing. The way she did when i was chasing her.

My legs ran out of there when i realized that i have feelings for her. I think i did since the night we meet. That's why everything with her feels different.

I groan walking up the back stairs getting a cigarette. I don't know what im supposed to do with this thing in my chest. I chuckle sitting down looking up at the sky. "Im fucked." I shake my head letting out the smoke.