Chapter 28

Aldric's POV

It's been years since i have been in he's home office. The smell of wood and cologne still fills the air. Father taps his finger on his desk. He looks at me finally speaking breaking the 10 minute silence.

"Tell me if i understand. You disrespected your mother and i. You also refused to marry Cece. Now you come back asking for money and you won't tell me what it is for. Am i right?" He crosses he's arms.

I knew this was a bad idea but this isn't a time for dignity to get in the way. We only have two days left. Ricky was able to get her money so it's up to me to get the rest.

It wasn't easy for her to convince her grandma. For the money or keeping it a secret that she emptied her account.

I rub my hands together. "I have never asked you for anything and i am now. Doesn't that tell you that it's important. I know you have three times that in your safe." He chuckles getting up.

He opens he's safe getting the 300,000 dollars out. "Your right i do have the money." The money is placed on his desk a few inches from me. "You must be in trouble if you're asking ME for help." He sits back down.

"To bad you have never been one to listen to me. I don't have any intención of listening to you." He slides the money to the open drawer next to him. "I believe you know the way out." I get up while he looks at his papers smiling.

I walk out past my mother who was obviously listening through the door. Ignoring her i leave to the school. I can't tell her i couldn't get the money.

I have to find another way.

I tried racing but even if i could after what happened with Andreas it isn't enough. They are all afraid of him and i would have to race way to many people. Even then it's not a given that i would win.

I could end up with less money.

♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾
The next day

I groan erasing the whiteboard again. "That's not right." I whisper looking back at the book. I can't concentrate long enough to teach.

Fuck it, it's not like any of this will matter tomorrow when the pictures come out. "Free period, just keep it down!" I yell closing the book. It's clear that they are shocked but they don't question it.

Ricky looks up at me but i just shake my head. I don't have the heart to tell her i failed. Her face are on those pictures too and that's what really angers me.

"Is this what you calls teaching?" I frown watching my brother walk in. "What are you doing here?" I ask looking back at my class. "Well brother i need to speak with you." He shrugs like he isn't interrupting. He's not but still, it's my class.

He has never visited me here...or anywhere else.

"I can't leave them alone." I turn back to him. "I can think of three hundred thousand reasons why you could." He smirks. Daniel gets up. "We can look after ourselves mr.Soe." The others nods.

I follow him out glancing at Ricky before closing the door. "So you came to get your laugh?" I ask. He sighs handing me a small backpack. I look inside at the money that could save us.

"That's what you need right? Look i know that i have been a shitty brother, so just take it. Father was gloating about the fact that you came to him for money and he got to turn you down."

I shrug not being surprised by that. "So?"

"So i don't want to be him. I plan to have kids and i don't ever want to be happy because i turned my back on them. The money is yours." He seems sincere but i find it hard to trust him after so many years.