Act 1, Episode 1 - Sonic the Hedgehog: Origin

The sun shined brightly over a small, yet vast island. The sky was clear, the river was fresh and clean, the grass was green and overall, very peaceful. Somewhere on that island a small blue creature, reminiscent of a hedgehog, sped across the island at full speed on the lush green grass, running across an unstable bridge that collapsed when the creature ran over it, and through huge loop-de-loop without hesitation. He wasn't scared at all, all because of his special power, his super speed.

Being born with such power was a thrill for him because he enjoyed running so fast that no-one could see him, and reach anything, anywhere within a blink of an eye. 

Eventually after that run, the little hedgehog crossed a small wooden bridge, and finally arrived at his destination; a secret treehouse hidden within the trees. Curling himself into a ball, he rolled across the wooden floor and bumping into his guardian, whom was peacefully resting, waking her up in the process.

His guardian was in fact a big owl, she had purple-brown feathers on most of her body, while her face was covered in white feathers, with light brown feathers extended from her nose ridge and over her eyes, forming eyebrows and large mottled brown wings. Her eyes were bright blue coloured and had a short and curved black beak. She was Longclaw, the only person that the hedgehog had, his only friend, his mentor, his mother-figure. She was his only family that he knew and he wouldn't have it any other way.

Lying on the floor, the hedgehog laughed at her shocked expression, which quickly changed to that of an annoyed parent when she looked at him, "Sonic. How many times do I have to tell you not to do that?" she spoke calmly.

The little hedgehog, known as Sonic, chuckled as he sat up and looked directly at her with a smile, trying to act innocently, "Come on, Longclaw! It's not like I scared you THAT badly!" He held that pose for a few moments, but from Longclaw's gaze she was clearly not affected.

"It's not about scaring me, it's about you going out by yourself, again." Sonic's eyes widened. "Yeah, I know about that." she added, before sighing and continuing, "Sonic, I understand that it may be hard for you, but we need stay low, we can't let anybody find us here."

Sonic just groaned. Feeling like he was told off by his mother, which was technically right but she wasn't his actual mom, and while he did deep down know she was trying to protect him, but from what? They're on an island, far from any kind of tribe or people to get them.

"Come on! Who's going to go all to this little island to get little ol' me?" Sonic moaned.

Longclaw was beginning to be a little annoyed at Sonic's attitude towards the situation they were facing. "Sonic..." She began, before ultimately releasing another sigh, "We can't be too careful with what we have, we're lucky to even find this place and I can't let you run around freely. Someone could see you."

Sonic chuckled, standing up from the floor, "No one could even see me! I'm way too fast for them!" He motioned with his arms for exaggeration, "Besides, I wouldn't be able to find this for you." Sonic dug his hand into his quills, pulling out a beautiful, yellow Sunflower.

Longclaw's stare began to soften and her worries vanquished, she loved flowers and Sonic knew that, whenever she was angry or filled with worry flowers would usually calm her right down, and Sonic loved to bring them to her, sometimes used this tactic to get out of trouble, which at times wouldn't work. But this time, whether it was the flower itself or Sonic's little face, she let it go this time.

She let out a silent awe and shook her head with a playful smile. "What am I going to do with you?"

Reaching out for the flower, Longclaw's eyes looked at Sonic, but from the corner of her eyes, she noticed something off atop of the tree behind Sonic. Her eyes widen in realization that it was the 'tribe warriors' whom they ran from and now were aiming their arrows at the little hedgehog in front of her.