Before We Start

Hey so, thank you for being here, it seems like my story interested you.

But before reading this story, I believe it'd be a good idea to let you know what this story aims to be and how I'll go about writing it. So without any further delays.

What is Sonic Genesis?

Sonic Genesis is a Sonic fan story that hopes to connect all things related to Sonic! You may ask which one? Games? Comics? Movies? Cartoons?.. YES!

This mad-man, talking to you, plans to connect every game, most comic issues, with characters and one-off stories from cartoons and movies into one cohesive story with characters developing and improving with each adventure. Well not exactly everything.

Since a lot of stories from different media's weren't either made to be consistent with each other or introduce elements that could over-complicate things with my story, a lot of things will have to be cut and just as many would need to be new. I will add my own lore to this world, but also do not expect me to go in the same direction that Archie comics did.

I absolutely refuse to even attempt that.

Why am I doing this?

I DON'T KNOW!!

I had no idea what I was thinking while imaging what the Sonic time-line would look like with all the existing media, and originally I was thinking of just using the games, but that was boring. So I did something that I dreaded to think about... I looked into the Archie comics. 

I dreaded them because of the confusing family trees, the entire story-line and lore that accompanied them and how I thought of writing them into this. However, after looking a bit into the Sonic wiki and some videos about them and other media, there were so many characters and stories that I could use to expand this world; and speaking of videos, they were another inspiration for me to write this, as they spoke of many characters of the Sonic cast that have been dealt the worst in this franchise; mischaracterized, underused and basically shells of former selves! And not just by official writers, but other fanfic writers, who have no idea what these characters actually are like and the past 3 decades didn't help as they solidified those inaccurate personalities!

Thankfully the main four/five have become better in Sonic Frontiers (Thank you Ian Flynn), but that's just FIVE characters! What about Silver? Or Blaze? Or Cream & Cheese? All were pathetically tossed to the sidelines never to be used again. Hell even SHADOW THE EDGEHOG? A character loved by fans for his story in SA2, became nothing but a joke now and made SEGA to characterize him only as that. One. God. Damn. Personality! An edge-lord!

I love Sonic with my very heart, and even though before I was just a naive kid not knowing what I was getting myself into with writing such story, I came too far to back down now. And I want to give these characters proper justice, not as one-note stereotypes, not as unimportant 'other characters' of Sonic, and certainly no p###-poor backstories that could be thrown to the way-side. Before I had basically no plans, but now, I have an ENTIRE time-line planned out for this Blue Rat and I can't just throw them all away!

This story may as well be a mistake by my stupid, child brain who thought this was nothing but a cake walk, and you know what? I only have myself to blame, and I'll just have to try to give you all the best damn story I've got.

Rules

Aside from all of that though, I do still want to put up a few more things for everyone to know what to expect as this story goes on and also how I'll structure anything and everything.

Rule #1: Story Formation

Each major story arc will be titled as an 'Act' and will be used for any story going on, for instance: Act 1 will follow the first movie (2020), while Act 2 will continue from Act 1 and focus on Sonic (1991). There are also Filler Acts or Episodes titled as 'Act F#' and 'Episode F#' respectively; those don't necessarily have huge connections to previous or future stories and just be that [filler], but that doesn't mean characters or subjects introduced in those chapters won't appear in future Acts or Episodes. But if there's no Act happening, then it'll be just be another episode, with no Act number to speak of, just an 'N' in front to represent (No Act/Null Act).