1; yay

!This restart is going to start over all the way from year one but after the third year it will get to 4th year or the summer before!

"Wake up"

That was Hazel's aunt, see her mum died drunk in a car crash with her dad. At least that is what Hazel's aunt and uncle told her, they don't like her but she is friends with her cousin, Dudley. Do her aunt and uncle know that? No but they still hang out. The two of them have a brother-sister bond but in front of her aunt and uncle they hate each other.

Hazel has to do all the chores by herself but Dudley helps her when Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon don't look. She sleeps in the small cupboard under the stairs while Dudley has two bedrooms upstairs.

"Coming"

She has to make everyone breakfast in the morning, excluding herself, but since it is Dudley's birthday week Hazel get's breakfast this week, they do that as a 'nice' gesture. Not as much as everyone but it is food. She usually just gets a snack for lunch and then dinner but still not as much as everyone's portions.

Once Hazel gave them there breakfast she ate really fast because they were about to give Dudley his morning ice cream with fudge and sprinkles. She's not aloud at the table when he opens his presents and eats his ice cream. She cleaned everyone's dishes then went outside to pull weeds and trim the rose bushes.

Dudley was going to the zoo with his friend Peirs, he didn't like Hazel being around Peirs because he was rube to her but at school he couldn't do anything. Aunt Petunia was also friends with his mom so they were over all the time. Hazel would usually go across the street with the old lady named Ms. Figg, she has a lot of cats inside and outside the of her house and is really peculiar but it is a nice break.

She goes every time it is a birthday, anniversary, vacation, ect. Hazel never goes on important things because they think she is too unprofessional and look like a hobo with how long her hair is.

Hazel caught a little of what Aunt Petunia was saying when she was walking out to go to the garden.

"I know you probably won't like this Duddy but Ms. Figg fell and broke her hip so she won't be able to watch Lilith-Hazel"

Oh yay I have to sit in a car with 3 people I hate for 2 hours, what a joy :)

*~*~*

They were now all at the zoo , the car ride wasn't any fun either because Peirs was poking  Hazel the whole time. It took Uncle Vernon 5 minutes to get into the car and 5 minutes to get out, why? Because he was a literal whale that had no reason to diet or work out to at least be able to get in doors, cars, up stairs and many more things. On the other hand there was Aunt Petunia who people said she was horse-necked. That was used for craning over gardens and store isles to here the latest gossip.

Only some people knew that she would do that but were to scared to tell not because she was intimidating but because she could spread any rumor and ruin you. If you worked in business then that was Uncle Vernon's territory because he was also skilled in getting people fired. He wasn't a CEO of anything he just had an influence on people.

When they finally got into the zoo they went to look at the lions, then they went to look at pandas, then flamingos, then elephants, the thing was they weren't going in a circle or a straight line, they were going in a zigzag the kept crossing over itself.

When they were getting to the last exhibit, the reptiles, they were going to split so that Dudley could go to the bathroom, so while he was in the bathroom with Aunt Petunia, Peirs and Uncle Vernon went up to snake vivarium and started to try and wake up the snakes by banging on the glass barrier.

When the snake didn't acknowledge them and they got bored they went to the next snake. That one that they were just at was a very beautiful snake and it said it was boa constrictor.

"Hello sorry about them, they don't have any manners, they don't know what is like being locked in a cage"

Talking to a snake was like having a real conversation, yes she could talk to Dudley but he was always around his parents or Peirs so he had to act like he didn't like her so it was always rude. When they did get a chance to talk it was for a brief minute while taking the 5 minute walk home from school.

The thing that she wasn't excepting was for the snake to acknowledge her. She just thought the snake was going to stay sleeping and she would have to go on with Uncle Vernon and Peirs with all of the whining "make it move" "this is boring" and "MOVE!".

The snake lifted its head and did something that sort of looked like a bow of acknowledgment.

"Can you hear me?"

*nod*

"Where are your parents"

*nod to the right*

"Oh I see"

"Look, look you'll never guess what the snake is doing"

Now Hazel was on the floor. She was annoyed with him for pushing her out of the way and onto the ground to get stepped on. She was just staring at him waiting for him to get the message and actually say sorry. But that didn't come, some thing even better did. The glass ... vanished? That made Peirs fall into the vivarium and the snake started to slither out. He came up next to her and hissed?

"Thanksssssss"

Then when Peirs was crying and went to get up and out the glass was back. And then Uncle Vernon ran, more like waddled, over and started to bang on the glass while yelling at people to help. That got the attention of Aunt Petunia who came rushing out with Dudley then she started to scream.

While all of this Hazel was laughing on the floor but Uncle Vernon saw her and for some reason thought that she had something to do with making glass disappear. Right, because that is logically possible.

She ended up having to sit next to a shivering, crying Peirs while being yelled at by her aunt and uncle. But she still had the image of him falling in her mind, so it wasn't to bad.

(1096 words)