4; Hedwig

They were on their way to Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions, when Hagrid stopped them.

"Listen, do ye mind if I go to the Leaky Cauldron. I still feel sick from the cart ride?" Hagrid asked looking ill still.

"Yeah, it's fine, I can find everything." She replied, and so Hagrid went in the opposite direction to the Leaky Cauldron while Hazel made her way into Madam Malkin's. The bell rang alerting people in the shop that she was there. When she was walking  in, there was a boy with bright blonde hair getting measured by a floating measuring tape, and a lady with half black half blonde hair looking through racks of clothing.

"Hello, I will be right with you" Said the lady behind the counter "Just stand up on the stool"

So Hazel walked over near the blonde, stood on the stool and started thinking about everything. Who killed her parents? Why did they do it? Were her parents bad people but were loved like good people? Why did her aunt and uncle lie? Did Dudley know? No he would have told her. What if it is a set up and her parents just didn't want her? What if-

"Hello? Can you here me? I asked what house you wanted at Hogwarts" The blonde boy said

"Oh, um, what?"

"What house do you want at Hogwarts?" After Hazel's confused face he continued "You know, like Gryffindor, Slytherin, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw?"

"No, sorry, I don't know what those are" Hazel said after he finished

"Do you know anything about Hogwarts?" After her head nod he continued "Are you a muggleborn?"

"I don't know what that is either"

"There are 3 types of people in the wizarding world, muggleborns or mudbloods are born with parents who are either muggles or muggleborn, you know what that is right? Ok good, then there is halfbloods who have a pure blood parent and a muggle or another halfblood parent. Then there are purebloods, there are 28 pureblood families, that is when both parents come from a witch or wizard family. When the first person from the family was born a witch. So I will ask again, are you a muggleborn?"

"Um well I'm not sure because my parents are dead and I know nothing about them, but I do know that they were both magical."

"Oh well I'm sorry, who were you parents?"

"Oh, they were P-"

"Alright dear, you are all done, you can either come back in a hour when your robes are done or we can have them sent to your house." The lady that was behind the from counter.

"We will have a elf come pick them up, thank you. Alright darling let's go." The black-blonde haired woman said walking out of the store with the blonde boy following after waving to her.

The measuring tape was still measuring her when she got back into her head. Who were my parents? We're they bad people? Was that why Aunt Petunia never spoke of them? Was she going to become a bad person? Why was she known to everyone in that pub? Did something bad happen to her parents? What happened to them? What if-

"Deary, you are all done, you can come and pick up you robes in an hour or we will send them to your house" the lady said saying the same thing she had just said to the blonde boy.

"I think I will come back and pick it up" Hazel said, she was still thinking about everything but then the magic that surrounded her popped back into her head reminding her where she was.

And with that she walked out and starting walking around trying to fine the wand shop, that was the last thing other then the optional pet. When she found it, it looked old and super dusty, from the outside.

When she walked in, it looked deserted, like no one had been in there in years.

"Hello?" She called out but received no call back, "Hello?" She called out again just a bit louder and she was met with smearing of wood and a man popped out from behind a shelf. He had white hair and gray almost silver eyes, he looked like he was blind but he looked directly at her so he couldn't be.

"Ms. Potter, I have been waiting for you to come" the mysterious man said "I'm Olivander, all I want you to do is when I hand you a wand to wave it, then we will see what happens"

And so it started, she would get a wand handed to her, she would wave it and then something would go wrong. With the first one, she broke a couple vases, the second she made all the drawers open, the third she made the light break. The fourth, a bunch of wands went flying out of their spots. Some wouldn't even make anything happen.

She was starting to get inside her head after each failed attempt. Am I the right person? Is this just one big terrible prank? Was this just a dream? Or a nightmare? Is this a joke? Am I-

"I think this is the one, 11", holly and phoenix feather" He handed her the wand, and then a glow went around her. "Curious, very curious"

"Um, sorry sir but what is curious?" She asked

"Well the normal a bird only gives one feather but the bird that gave your feather. Actually gave two, it's brother is in the wand that gave you this scar" He said pointing to her scar.

"But who gave me this scar?" Her question wasn't answered because of a tapping on the window, she turned  to look at it and there was Hagrid carrying a white owl in a cage.

"Happy birthday" he said from out side, so Hazel payed and went outside, greeted Hagrid... and the owl and said.

"I think I'll name it... Hedwig"

(968 words)

I know this took me a while to get out but I had to take a break from writing, it wasn't just this book, it was also my second book. It is not easy writing 2 books because you have to put out chapters for both but if I am being honest, this book is more of what I focus on even though I try and post for that book.