Chapter 2: Deaf Girl

After finishing my classes—luckily morning classes—I stumble into the penthouse Liam and I shared on the top floor of Onyx Tower—Aiden lives with his girlfriend in an apartment near campus—of course I'm paying the majority of our rent, who knew il...

After finishing my classes—luckily morning classes—I stumble into the penthouse Liam and I shared on the top floor of Onyx Tower—Aiden lives with his girlfriend in an apartment near campus—of course I'm paying the majority of our rent, who knew illegal fighting made so much money?

I toss my backpack, which is usually empty onto the floor and I drop onto the sofa, nuzzling my face into a throw pillow my step-mom bought.

"When did you get back?" I hear Liam and his footsteps.

I crank my neck, looking up, "just now, you?" I ask, laying my cheek on the pillow.

"About an hour ago, my American literature lecture ended early," Liam replies, brushing his fingers through his blonde hair.

"That's nice, I'm going to take a nap," I yawn, turning my head away from Liam and nuzzling the pillow again.

Liam grabs my shoulder and rolls me over, "no you're not, we're going to BookNook now, Aiden's meeting us there."

"No, let me sleep," I whine hugging the sofa tightly.

Liam walks away, his footsteps getting quieter and quieter.

Mission successful.

All I hear is a 'click' and I instantly spring up, jumping over the sofa. This asshole better not.

Liam chases me around the penthouse with a paint gun, shooting the small balls at my butt.

I jump onto the kitchen table, flipping it over as I cross it, "You fucking bastard!" I shout, hiding behind the overturned table. I rub at my ass cheeks, soothing the pain away.

"I'll give you 10 minutes to change then we leave," Liam yells across the penthouse.

"Okay fine! Just don't shoot!" I raise my hands in surrender. I peek my head over the table and once I see the paintball gun on the floor I come out from behind the table, "clean this up," I say before rushing to the safety of my own bedroom.

I change my pants and throw on a shirt then go back out. Liam is waiting for me at the door.

"You ready?" He asks.

"Almost, just need to take care of something," I reply, sauntering up to him.

"We'll hurry up—fuck!" Liam yells when I knee him in the balls.

"Well... let's go!" I shout, grabbing my bag and walking through the door, "I'm driving!"

—☽♡☾♡☽♡☾—

I pull up into the parking lot of BookNook in my BMW. My fucking beautiful, amazing, sexy BMW. I hug my steering wheel, earning a weird side glance from Liam.

"Stop looking at me like that, I'll kick your ass," I bite at Liam.

"Weirdo," Liam snorts, getting out of the car.