3. Vote

POV - Y/n

I was thinking, deep in thoughts about what recently happened. Was it worth it ? All these deaths ? I sigh to myself. I was on the bed I woke up to, because I don't know if I can trust anyone here. Can I ?

Then, I suddenly felt a tap on my shoulder. I jumped and looked behind me to see who it was.

It was 456.

'' Hey, I just wanted to say thank you for saving me. Without you, I would have been dead.'' He says.

I look at him for a second and nods.

'' It's normal.'' I say simply.

There was a moment of silence.

'' Come with us, please. We need you.'' He says, sitting on my bed with me.

we need you.

How long did I need to hear this ? For my entire life, I was only someone at the corner of the class. I only had Baba my entire life and I was never told I was needed.

Before I could speak, guards came into the room with guns this time, knowing how scared we were.

'' You have all made it through the first game. Congratulations, you're moving on.'' the guard with a square on his mask says.

''I will now announce the results of the first game.''

The big screen with the quantity of players we had started to change. 456,455... It was going down very fast until it hit '201'.

'' Out of 456 players, 255 were eliminated and 201 players successfully completed the first game.'' He finally says.

We could hear people murmuring after this news. Then, a woman crying went in front.

''Mister please... Listen I'm so sorry, I'll do it, I'll pay it all. Please sir, I have a child ! I need to register, and I still need to name my child sir... Please ! let me live!'' she cries out.

Other people joined her, begging on their knees to let them go.

'' There seems to be a misunderstanding. We are not trying to hurt you or collect your debts. Let me remind you that we're here to give you a chance.'' The guard responds.

''A chance ? We play some kids games and you shoot us. You want me to choose that ? That's some chance. We may be in debt sir, but that doesn't justify killing us all.'' Another man says.

''This is just a game. They were simply eliminated for breaking the rules of the game. If you follow the rules, you can leave this place safely with the prize money we promised.'' The guard says.

Then the yelling starts. I was scared of this game, but am I really ready to leave like this ? Without trying ?

''Consent form cause 1. A player is not allowed to stop playing.'' The guard responds.

Then they yell even more, saying how the police will come at any moment.

Then a shotgun, I cover my ears. Everyone yells and get down after the shotgun. I looked at 456 and he seemed scared too.

''Consent form cause 2. A player who refuses to play will be eliminated.''

''Consent form cause 3. If all the players agreed to stop playing, the games are allowed to end. Or am I wrong ?'' It was 218, the smart ass.

There was a moment of silence.

''You are correct.'' The guard says.