‎𝟎𝟏, ‏‏‎ ‎pandora's box

PANDORA'S BOX

PANDORA'S BOX

you're exciting, boy come find me,
your eyes told me, 'girl come ride me'.

⠀⠀ 𝓛EGENDS SPEAK OF Gods sailing across the heavens in golden chariots drawn by winged stallions, draped in silken robes and glittering crowns. They tell stories of extraordinary romance — Eros and Psyche, Orpheus and Eurydice, Hades and Persephone — of mortals hit by Cupid with his swift—flying arrows, and the fantasy of love at first sight.

⠀⠀Aria DeAngelis has never been one to believe in fairytales.

⠀⠀She steps out of a sleek black limousine, stride unwavering even in her five—inch stiletto heels. She doesn't need to think about smoothing over her dress or running a hand through her hair; every stitch, every strand is accounted for and holds its place, as if commanded by some unfathomable spell.

⠀⠀Her senses are instantly drowned in the buzz of downtown LA. Bystanders stand with slack—jawed stares and paparazzi tread over one another's toes in an attempt to capture a living, breathing dream as she stands before them in all her glory.

⠀⠀Next to slide out of the vehicle is Nicolas Saint-Clair, sporting a striped button up over a pair of beige slacks, with buttery soft Italian loafers against the pavement and his silky blond hair lightly tousled in the warm breeze.

⠀⠀He curls a strong arm around his best friend's waist, and the two wordlessly stride toward the entrance.

⠀⠀The fresh—faced Hollywood dream and the prince of Wall Street; a perfect image of America's favourite pair of old-money elites.

⠀⠀Aria's face is set stoically forward, simply drinking in the blinding flashes and persistent calls of her name as opposed to paying them the luxury of her acknowledgement. She keeps herself cold enough to make it known they haven't a fleeting chance at her attention, but close enough to make them think that — if the odds were in their favour — maybe, just maybe, they could.

⠀⠀Spoiler alert: they most definitely couldn't.

⠀⠀Because everyone knows that if it were between the wills of anybody and the Hollywood dream, the universe certainly wouldn't be working in their favour.

⠀⠀Nico, on the other hand, holds a charming sparkle in his ice—blue eyes and wears his trademark boyish grin as he tips his head toward the crowd in polite acknowledgment. Equally as irresistible, only fathomable; like a fallen angel amongst men.