Deorc

The first vampire did not know from where he came. He had raised himself in the caves, in the darkness where he woke up. He did not know that he had come from a mortal line, or that he would be regarded as an abomination of nature. He had been created by a human who lusted for immortality, a madman who had failed in this quest and had tossed his failed attempt into the caves to be hidden and discarded and forgotten about.

Or so the madman believed.

It was the fairies who discovered him. As the vampire came out of the darkness, they called him Deorc, after the mortals word for dark.

When the Fairy Queen caught word of the vampire's existence, she ordered for Deorc to be destroyed.

The fairies took him from his dwelling, tied him to a tree, and executed him for the danger he posed to both them and the humans. The madman disappeared.

But what they did not know was that that this first vampire had impregnated a mortal woman with his child.

Deep in the forest, the woman, known as Kersey, took what she had given birth to away from the realm of men and into the wilderness. Frightened of the baby's wrinkling, greyish skin and ghostly, almost transparent eyes, she exposed the child to the forest.

She died from the grisly birth just a few hours later. 

The child lay beneath the trees for days. The trees swayed, and the light changed from day to night, but the child did not die. 

The second of his kind, a vampire had been born, and this time, survived.

The madman had unknowingly created an immortal line.