Episode 11: Promise

Hello!

Writer's block is the worst. It frustrates me to no end, let me tell you! So if you were wondering why it's been so long, there's your answer. I'm also mad because imagine you have writer's block and it's like, one of your only hobbies and one of the things you're like- mediocre at! It SUCKS! But now, my fingers are itching to get back onto the keys, so here we go.

I also slammed my left hand middle finger in a really big door 😭 Obviously, it still works and I can type but it hurts.

Anyways, enjoy this episode!

Edit from almost like 6 months later: I'm a fucking dumbass who forgot this place didn't have stars.

~~~~~

There was a strong beam of blue light coming from the temple, shooting into the sky, like a beacon.

Catra's shadowy figure climbed up the tree, resting on one of the thicker branches as she watched Adora walk up to the temple.

Adora stood near a design on the floor and as she stopped walking it lit up. The design resembled her sword.

A light spread through the lines and a trapdoor opened creating a ramp for her to walk down and into the dark tunnel beyond. Adora squinted in determination and walked down the ramp, Catra still observing from the tree.

Catra quickly jumped down, approaching the glowing ramp. She hesitated and it started closing, so she jumped through with just enough space for her body to fit.

Adora walked along the halls, watching the light reflect on the designs in the walls as she passed. Catra sneakily followed behind her, careful to not be seen. Adora arrived at the end of a hall that turned into a room, filling with light as she stepped in.

She looked around, cautious of her surroundings. There were large crystals embedded in the ground around her and she observed them as she passed. Adora walked along a ramp that elevated slightly from the floor.

She stopped when she got to the center of it, turning around and shouting.

"Hello?"

It echoed off the walls and Adora glanced around uneasily. Then she pulled her sword out from behind her back, holding it up.

"I carry the sword of She-Ra and I've come here for help. Is anyone there?" Adora shouted again.

Catra jumped behind one of the crystals, staying out of sight.

Adora gasped and whipped around when a hologram, similar to the one that Bow, Glimmer, (Max), and her had found when they first met, popped up.

"Greetings, Administrator. What is your query?"

Adora's thoughts went back to their first meeting, the way they acted and how they were chased by a very large... bug. A small smile spread on her face before she got back to business.

"Oh. I need your help to heal my friend. She's been cursed. I don't know how to save her. The legends say that She-Ra could heal people using the sword. How do I do that?" Adora spoke desperately.

The hologram stayed silent for a moment.

"What is your query?" she repeated again.

Catra raised her eyebrow and smirked in amusement from her hiding place.

"Not this again," Adora scoffed.

She stared at the sword, the gem glowing.

"For the Honor of Grayskull!" she shouted as she transformed. "How about now?" she asked the hologram.