42

Seokjin was on his way to the living room to wait for Jungkook to come home from work when he opened their bedroom door to see Jungkook sitting on the couch by himself.

He had his hands covering his face and a soft cry left him, which immediately had Seokjin's heart sinking in his chest.

"Jungkook-ah?"

When had Jungkook even gotten home? Why didn't he say something? Why is he crying?

Seokjin quickly went over to him, frowning as Jungkook wiped at his cheeks— it reminded him all too well of the last time he saw Jungkook crying over Siwoo. It hurts to see.

Jungkook's red, puffy eyes. The way he rubbed viciously at the tears rolling down his cheeks. The hiccups and the way he tried to cover the fact that he was crying out of shame.

The whine in his voice as he spoke, "Don't look at me, I'm a mess," even if he still looked amazing with his glistening eyes and reddened nose.

Seokjin ignored his words and sat down next to him anyways.

"Come here."

He patted his lap, to which Jungkook hardly glanced at before slowly making his way to him, tossing his leg over him and straddling the older.

Seokjin pulled him in even closer, letting Jungkook cry into his neck as he rubbed gently at his back to try and calm his cries.

"What's wrong, baby?"

Jungkook leaned back to look Seokjin in the eyes, whatever worries he had seeming to disappear as shock took over instead, such a pet name rolling off of Jin's tongue so easily.

He seemed to like it just as much as Seokjin did, his shoulders falling, relaxing into the comfort of the word.

"I- I had a bad day at work, is all." He buried himself back into Seokjin's neck. "Don't worry about it."

Seokjin still rubbed at his back and still let Jungkook melt into his arms.

He hated to see Jungkook cry. It was like his heart felt broken for him. Jungkook shouldn't ever cry. His smile is too pretty to be taken away like that.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Jungkook shook his head into his neck. "Okay, that's okay. Let's get you some food and ready for bed, then." He patted Jungkook's back, the younger eventually removing himself from his hold.

As they got off of the couch, Jungkook turned to him. "This is why I like you." Seokjin liked where this was going. "You cooked me dinner and you make me feel good even on shitty days. I like that."

He reached for Seokjin's arm and pulled him into a hug. A warm hug to sign off his tears.

"Well, I'd be a horrible husband otherwise, Jungkook."

Jungkook pushed him back away from the hug.

"No. Baby. You call me baby." The sympathetic brokenness of his heart was cured by Jungkook's forming grin.

If this is what being Jungkook's husband is like, then he'd be glad to spend the rest of his life like this. He'd like to try and make Jungkook happy on those shitty days until the end of their time.

-