One

"(Y/N)! What's for dinner!" Aqua yelled out from her room. When she didn't hear any response she cleared her throat. "(Y/N)! WHAT'S FOR DI- Ow!" Aqua held her head and pouted then looked back at (Y/N). "What was that for?!" Aqua whined and pouted. (Y/N) held up one finger. "For being loud." Two fingers. "You have feet, use them." Three fingers. "And dinner's take out, I still haven't done our groceries." Once (Y/N) said that, Aqua beamed out in happiness and started bouncing slightly.

"MCDONALD'S! I'LL ORDER!" Aqua yelled excitedly, making (Y/N) sigh loudly but chuckled afterwards. "Sure, just don't order too much. We already used half of the money that pa left us for today." Aqua nodded giddily as she reached for her phone and immediately went to a McDonald's website.

(Y/N) couldn't help but smile, he felt happy that Aqua has now recovered and is now much happier than she was before. A sad smile appeared on his face as he remembered how he met Aqua 3 years ago.

...

(Y/N) was walking down a street, he was just a normal student going on his merry way to his school. He didn't know why buy he looked towards to the left and recognized a student that was 2 years below his grade level, crying and hugging herself tightly. He froze on his tracks.. Every fiber in his being wanted to go and just ignore the crying girl but he couldn't ignore his morals..

So he went and approached the girl. The girl immediately looked up and backed away but stopped, she immediately recognized him and (Y/N) recognized her. "(L/N)-senpai?" "Minato-san?" They spoke at the same time, making Aqua giggle quietly and this brought a smile to (Y/N)'s face.

But this happy moment was short-lived when Aqua remembered the situation she was in. Sadness immediately washed over Aqua's face and (Y/N) immediately noticed this. "Is something wrong?" He asked and Aqua shooked her head and looked away, wiping the tears from her cheeks and eyes. "It's nothing you should worry about, senpai.."

(Y/N) looked at her and had an urge to help her out. So, he sat down beside her and got comfortable. Aqua gasped and knelt up. "W-wait, d-don't sit there, it's gonna get your pants dirty and wet!" Aqua voiced her concerns and he just shooked his head and smiled at her and this made Aqua calm down a little.

"So, what happened?" He asked and Aqua sat there quietly. (Y/N) waited patiently for her to reply, he squeezed his finger and looked at his nails as he waited there. While stretching his legs out, he sneaked a glance towards Aqua, she seemed to be lost in her own thoughts or talking to herself since she does look conflicted also.

After 3 minutes of absolute silence, Aqua finally spoke up. "My parents disowned me and left me here.." This was not what (Y/N) was expecting, he thought that the girl was just bullied or someone stole her purse or her phone.. (Y/N)'s fists clenched and he felt his chest tightened. His anger was boiling but he was doing his best to fight it back. "Why would they abandon you?" He managed to say without letting his anger out.

The poor girl just sighed and shrugged her shoulders then answered. "I don't know.. I tried to be the best daughter for them.. I tried my best to live up to their expectations and it wasn't because of money.. My dad's got a stable job and my mom owns a parlour.. Or well.. My.. Old parents..?" She said before lowering her head to her arm. "I just.. I did my best for them.. I studied hard just so I can make them proud.. I guess.. I guess it wasn't enough for them.. Or I wasn't enough for them.."

The boy sat there with his eyes closed, taking in the information that Aqua just shared. "I didn't met my mom or my dad. I never knew them." He adjusted his sitting position and continued. "My dad who took me in said that I was just left there in front of his doorstep, no one else was there and there wasn't even a letter. His girlfriend at the time wanted to throw me out because she didn't want a baby or something." Aqua looked at him with a questioning look. "I was surprised that my dad chose me over his ex girlfriend." He chucked when Aqua showed the exact reaction he had when he was told of this. "Yeah.. Still, to this day.. I still don't know my biological parents.. But.."

(Y/N)'s fists clenched once more. "A year or two ago, I received a letter. It was from my biological mom. She was demanding a million yen from my dad because she was drowning in debts and loan sharks won't leave her alone. We just ignored her pleas and one day, she came over and harassed my dad and threatened to kidnap me. I'm sure you know how that turned out."

Aqua nodded and looked away, squeezing her arms slightly. "Why are you telling me this..?" She finally asked and he shrugged. "I guess it's just to tell you that second chances exists and someone out there will care for you." He said this while standing up. "But for now, let's head to school, yeah? We're already an hour late but it beats being absent and getting scolded, whaddya say?" He told Aqua while holding his hand out for her. "Sounds good.." The girl replied, grabbing (Y/N)'s hand and got pulled up.

"Oi! What do you want?!" Aqua yelled into his ears and he was startled and stumbled slightly. "Oi! Don't yell in my ears, you damn shortie!" Aqua scoffed and pointed at him. "Excuse me, I'm at the perfect height! And you weren't responding when I was asking nicely earlier, so who's fault was that?!" Aqua retorted and (Y/N) just sighed..

He then smiled afterwards and shook his head. "I'll have the usual.." Aqua nodded and smiled. "There we go! Now we just wait!" Aqua said in a cheery mood.

(Y/N) watched the girl who's been her sister for just 2 years. He smiled and rubbed his forearm. 'I'm glad I offered you to be my sister.. And I'm really glad dad accepted you..' "So, what are we playing tonight?" Aqua asked and (Y/N) smirked. "How about a few games of Apex?" Aqua smirked and streteched her fingers. "You really are my brother." Aqua half joked as she booted up Apex.