𝔳

"ₕₑ ₕₐₛ ₛₑᵣᵥₑd cₒᵤₙₜₗₑₛₛ ₖᵢₙgₛ, fₐₖₑd cₒᵤₙₜₗₑₛₛ dₑₐₜₕₛ, bᵢdₑd ₕᵢₛ ₜᵢₘₑ wₐᵢₜᵢₙg fₒᵣ yₒᵤ" 

₋ ₛₕₐdₒw ₐₙd Bₒₙₑ

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

The past couple of weeks have been... boring, to say the least.

Day after day has been filled with private lessons about the land and culture here, and grisha-kind. I have yet to have been formally introduced to many people yet, seeing as General Kirigan informed me he wanted to keep my existence "quiet" for the time being.

I was in a lesson with him now, currently learning about the Shadow Fold, or Unsea, or whatever it is called. Truthfully, I haven't paying much attention. I was just desperate to go out and do something. My ADHD was of no help in this situation.

I wonder if there was a way to contact Will, or at least someone in camp. I'd rather get home sooner than later. It would be better than sitting in this boring-

"Are you even paying attention?"

I was snapped out of my thoughts by the Generals voice.

"Yes...." I trailed on.

He gave me a stern look, taking none of my nonsense.

"No...." I admitted.

General Kirigan let out an exasperated sigh. "How many times have I told you that as long as you stay here, you would need to learn the history of this place?"

Stupid history. Doesn't he know that it's hard for me to pay attention?

Wait, he doesn't.

"I've been stuck in here for days!" I countered. "I've just about memorized your room. I need fresh air, fresh oxygen! I can already feel the brain cells I'm losing from the lack of!"

He placed his hand to his forehead as if trying to relieve a headache, one I most probably did cause. He sank into a cushioned, dark oak chair next to his fancy-shmancy map.

Silence encased the room for a few seconds before he answered. "Fine. I'll take you out to Botkin, let you be his problem for a while."

I stood up swiftly and let out a high-pitched squeal. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

I calmed myself down a bit before asking, "Wait, who's Botkin?"

"He's the one that teaches grisha how to fight without their powers. I'll escort you to him now."

With that, we were on our way out.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Time skip *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

We had arrived at the training grounds quite rapidly. I had no doubt it was because General Kirigan wanted to get rid of my constant nagging.

Many people in red and blue keftas filled the grounds, many of their eyes on me and their famous General by my side. I guess not a lot of people get too close to him.

Although I'm a bit nervous to have so many eyes on me, I remember to keep my head held high and put on an air of confidence around me. 

General Kirigan approached and old Asian looking man. "Botkin, may I introduce Soleil Castellanos, who is temporarily staying in the Little Palace. I thought I should introduce her to you and show her how things are done around here."