𝔳𝔦

If you expect disappointment, then you can never really be disappointed. 

-MJ

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

I can't  tell how many days it has been since I kinda fell into this... situation.

And I mean literally fell. The pick-up line "Did it hurt when you fell from heaven, cause you're an angel" hits a lot harder now than it did.

Currently, I was eating lunch with some Grisha friends I made. Well, it's just Marie, Nadia and Alina. And I'm not really eating either. According to Nadia, the General wanted to remind the Grisha of their origin and keep them humble (like that actually works, though) by serving them the same, sour food most everyday. Pickled herring was it? What I would give from Percy's mom's blue cookies.

"What are you day dreaming about, Soleil?"

I snapped out of my cookie dazed state and turned to Marie. "N-Nothing that would peak your interests." Mars Almighty, why did I stutter?!

Marie smirks. "Are you sure it wasn't about someone tall, dark, and handsome?"

At this time, Nadia and Alina had noticed how our conversation was going and leaned in closer in curiosity. Luckily, no one else around us seemed to notice their behavior.

"Ivan?" I asked. "Nah, has has too much of a stick up his arse."

"She means the Darkling," Nadia adds, rolling her eyes.

I release an exasperated sigh. "Sorry, I think you got it mixed up. He's more tall, dark, and broody if anything, and that isn't exactly my type."

Marie lets out a sad sigh and leans onto the back of the golden chair. "It disheartens me that both Alina and Soleil are already have men begging for their attention while I've been living a life of loneliness."

"Oh yes, Alina. I don't think you've told Soleil here about your Mal. Isn't he on his way to the Little Palace as we speak?"

Alina's face turns to a deep red as she struggles to make an answer. Nadia and Marie just sit back and try to contain their laughter. "He hasn't responded to my letter about coming quite yet..."

At this point, I was getting a bit desperate to escape my newly found friend's teasing and get back to the task at hand.

I pushed back my chair and stood up. "Alina, would you mind showing me to the library? I have something I need to find."

Alina, who I assumed was as frantic to escape Marie and Nadia's combined teasing as I, abruptly stood up, causing her chair to screech against the marble floor and draw the eyes of the other Grisha in the room.

With a pink blush still dancing on her face she said, "Yeah, yeah. This way."

We started out the door of the white and gold detailed dining hall.

After a few minutes of quite walking, I decided to break our awkward silence.

"So, Mal was it?"

Alina looked down at her boots. "Um--"

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

She turns her head and looks me in the eye, brown on gold. "He's just a friend. We grew up together in Keramzin."