CHAPTER 2: The Palace of Liyue

It's been 2 weeks since Childe's mother dropped the news on him.

Ever since then, he has barricaded himself in his room and refused to come out. He even skipped numerous council meetings regarding, raising defenses around the kingdom, trading, economic statuses, and more. This led him to receive a scornful lecture from his mother, which for someone of his age, it was embarrassing to get, noting the fact that he should mature enough to not let his emotions get in the way of his work.

Tomorrow he was to go to the Kingdom of Liyue and depart from Snezhnaya for a year. He was going to miss Tuecer, Tonia, and even his mother, though she was the one who has caused his recent sadness.

His bags were completely packed for the move.

Childe was currently, sitting on his bed rethinking the fact that after today he would leave the Zapolyarny Palace for a year. He hasn't ever lived anywhere else but within the palace walls.

It felt as though the day had passed in 5 minutes. It was nighttime within a blink of an eye. Before Childe got to go to sleep, that night, Tuecer and Tonia both jumped him, tears filling their eyes because they knew they were going to miss their older brother. Tears filled Childe's own eyes as he hugged them both tightly, not wanting to let them go. He knew he could send letters to them, or possibly visit them, but it wouldn't feel the same. Childe dug his head into Tuecers shoulder, his tears getting into the fabric of his clothing. This was the first time he has ever shed a tear in front of his siblings.

He dearly wished he could shelter his siblings in his arms forever but once when they let go and wished him goodnight his heart only spread with sorrow. Negative thoughts began to spread in his head, making his misery intensify to a further extent.

If only he was allowed to rule alone.

-=-

The day had begun. The day when Childe was gonna leave Snezhnaya for what looked and sounded like forever. Childe was standing in front of Zapolyarny palace, looking back at the building as if it was the last time he'll see it again. " Prince Tartaglia," One of the guards shouted. " The last of your luggage is settled," he finally finished. Then, just like that, Childe was soon to be on his way, which was much to his displeasure.

Hiding the awful feeling in his stomach, he nodded and began walking towards his guards until he was stopped by a hug from behind. It was Tuecer, yet again saying goodbye to him. Personally, Childe wanted to avoid his siblings before leaving. He knew if he were to see them he would possibly spill even more tears than he would need to.

He sighed and turned around, facing Teucer. He kneeled down to his younger brother's height before whispering " Goodbye, Teucer. Promise to write to me, O.K?" Apparently, as simple and cliche that goodbye was, it still affected Teucer, and his dark blue eyes were glazed over with tears.

As Childe was leaving the palace entrance he was greeted with a bunch of citizens. Some had left work just to see their prince leave the kingdom. They knew they would dearly miss Childe. Childe's mother had informed them all that their prince was to leave Snezhnaya for a year for a very special "expedition"; though she hadn't mentioned the wedding. That was supposed to be a secret for now. It's very rare for a prince to marry another prince, and if some citizens in the kingdom heard of Childe's and Zhongli's marriage they were possibly going to riot and protest. This drama wasn't needed. It would only stress everyone to a further extent.

Childe was being pulled and tugged by a bunch of kids, that were surrounding him, begging him not to leave. A girl managed to grip his long red scarf, and some kids followed what she was doing and gripped at Childe's shirt. Some kids were crying about the prince while one had held out a single flower to give to Childe as a goodbye gift.