𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗴𝗶𝗿𝗹

𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴: 𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝘀𝘀 𝗶𝗺𝗮𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗲, 𝗱𝗲𝘁𝗮𝗶𝗹𝗲𝗱 𝘀𝗺𝘂𝘁, 𝗽𝗿𝗮𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗴, 𝗰𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗲 & 𝗮 𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲 𝗯𝗶𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝗲𝗱𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗴

𝟰𝟮𝟰𝟭 𝘄𝗰, 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗰𝗵𝗲𝗰𝗸𝗲𝗱
𝗶 𝗵𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗯𝗲𝗰𝗮𝘂𝘀𝗲 𝗶 𝘀𝘂𝗰𝗸 𝗮𝘁 𝘀𝗺𝘂𝘁

y/n sat in the diner, drinking her chocolate milkshake while she sulks to herself. her boyfriend just stood her up for a third time in the last two weeks. chandler started acting strange around her a month or two ago.

the first time he stood her up, was when they were supposed to go to the movies. chandler, her boyfriend, wanted to see the old halloween movie that they decided to put out for october.

he told y/n that he would meet her there & despite not answering his phone when she tried calling or texting, she went anyway. she waited, waited & waited some more.

he never showed.

the second time he stood her up was last week, he was supposed to come over to her house so they could study together. she applied light makeup and feathered her hair to give herself a nice, wild look to impress him. she cleaned and tidied up around the house to make herself seem composed & to waste time while she waited.

he never showed.
just a pitiful text telling her how he couldn't make it.

& the third time he stood her up, the final straw for her, was when he wanted to 'make it up to her,' so he asked her to go to the diner with him tonight. rookie mistake.

because he never showed.

y/n had spent an hour & a half getting ready. she did her makeup way bolder than she usually would. she wore a long sleeved blouse, considering it was fall & a bit chilly outside. she paired her shirt with washed out boyfriend jeans & a pair of gray converse.

she was simple yet deviant, she wanted to be comfortable & stylish at the same time & that's exactly what she did. she grabbed onto her small necklace that hang loosely around her neck, rubbing it between her fingers as she softly cried.

"what the fuck, chandler?" she whispered to herself. margo, the old lady dressed as a nineteen fifties waitress, looked over at her from across the counter.

"i'm sorry, dear... w-who's chandler?" she asked sweetly. y/n rolled her eyes but regretted it because she didn't want margo to think she was being rude to her.

"it's nobody..." she paused & looked up at the older woman to vent, "actually no, i-it's my boyfriend. he's a piece of shit who constantly blows me off & thinks he can treat me anyway he wants. he fucking sucks." she exhaled through her tears.

margo gave her a look of sympathy. "look at me, sweetheart - some people are put into your life to show you what you're missing. i hope by the end of the night you'll be able to call him your ex-boyfriend." she said.

y/n stared at her & looked down at her milkshake, wiping her tears. holy shit this woman is right.

"yeah... it's just that i really liked him. & i thought he really liked me back." she simply said, trying not to cry again as her voice wavered.