⁰² ocean eyes

LOSING GAME ²
━━ Beauty through a camera lens

LOSING GAME ²━━ Beauty through a camera lens

THE place was bustling with scientists walking up and down, Sylvie admired them as she walked by. She stayed in the line and followed her new classmates, the guide brought them to the laboratory. The room had a circular infrastructure, and it had a second floor, but what truly caught Sylvia's attention was the gigantic microscope in the middle of the room. Around it was a sea of desks filled with laboratory equipment, there were medium size tanks made of polymer glass, a prison for arachnids.

"There are over 32,000 known species of spider in the world." The guide began. "They're in the order Araneae, divided into three suborders."

"That's so cool," Harvey commented, Sylvia found herself nodding in agreement, her eyes eventually averted to the guide. "Harry, are you seeing this?"

The second-eldest patted his brother on the back, getting his attention as he signaled at the microscope. Harry rolled his eyes at his brother, not bothering to hide his uninterest, but Harvey's enthusiasm was reciprocated by Peter as he leaned over to them and quietly whispered. "Amazing, isn't it? Did you know this is the most advanced electron microscope in the eastern seaboard?"

"If I don't see it with my own eyes, I wouldn't believe it," Sylvia responded, getting their attention.

Peter glances back at her and smiles, agreeing. "It's unreal, I know."

"Wow..." Harry replied in his most dull voice.

Harvey let go of his brother and commented annoyingly. "You're so boring."

As both brothers argued, Peter and Sylvia were smiling at each other, but it didn't last long. Peter felt his cheeks warm up, and his heartbeat accelerated, he turned around and kept walking. The teenager had never been good at talking to girls, so it was quite new and a little unsettling how a beautiful girl like Sylvie gave him her attention. Sylvia glanced at the ground and smiled sheepishly, that gesture did not go missing by the Osborn brothers, Harry raised his eyebrow at Sylvie and then averted his gaze at Peter who was actively listening to the guide.

Harvey on the other hand wasn't so reserved, as they walked, he put a hand on her shoulder and moved her close to him. "You know what they say about curiosity?"

Sylvia threw him a puzzled look. "They say it killed the cat."

"Harvey, what the F are you even talking about?" Sylvia was truly lost, and her whisper became a tad bit aggressive, Harvey on the other hand remained his cool.

"You and Peter." He whispered bluntly, Sylvia looked at him with disbelief. "I saw it all. That little smile you two shared, don't try and deny it."