Chapter 1 - Prologue

A young boy ran through the woods surrounding the city of New York, sticking to the shadows as a overly large Hellhound was hot on his tail, snarling and roaring to bite the poor little boy into half. He could not do anything but run, his already bruised and abused body too frail to keep up with the mind of the young one to live, the fatigue and malnutrition catching up to him.

He could feel the beast gaining on him, making him go forward for a final push as he prayed to every deity he knew, hoping to catch the blessings of a few to help himself. As he was running, he saw a man in a long black trenchcoat tend to a fire, sitting on a log with a sad face. As he could not yell, his throat void of having received water for many uncounted hours, he lept across the fire in an attempt to catch his attention.

As he threw himself in the air and landed across the man. Turning slightly, he saw something he had never seen before. He saw the man pull out a huge black sword and dug it straight into the mouth of the beast, making it disappear in a puff of shadow.

The boy started to panic, as he thought he had encountered something far worse than the hellhound. Turning around to run, he was suddenly stopped by a hand as the boy looked up to see the man holding his arm. He looked into the intense black eyes of the man, glowing like the fresh tar put on the road. A feeling of warmth swept into the boy, as he relaxed just a little bit, startling the man a little as he looked into the sea green eyes of the boy, seeing not fear but appreciation, which in the man's experience was low as the respect he held.

The man picked the boy up in one scoop as he put him down on the log, taking out a bottle and offering him it. The boy took it at once, drinking with new found enthusiasm as the bottle was over quickly, as the boy gave out a sigh of relief.

"Who are you" ,asked the boy as he titled his head to the side. "My name is Hades" ,said the man. "Like the greek mythology Hades, so cool" ,said the boy as Hades eyes widened a bit, knowing the boy was a demigod, but not knowing he was informant of the Greek world.

"My name is Perseus Jackson, but you can call me Percy sir" ,said the boy with a small smile as he extended his hand for a shake, to which Hades obliged. "What are you doing here young one?" ,asked Hades.

Percy's expression changed to that one of rage and fury. "My stepfather killed my mother" ,said Percy with pure malice in his words, as his eyes started glowing, making Hades's grow wide. Never had he seen power role off a demigod like that, and such a young one none the less.

Overcoming the shock, his eyes narrowed as his fist clutched, his nails digging into his palms.

'This is child none other than that of my bastard brother Poseidon. How dare they both take an oath of not siring children and include me in by force, and then sire one while trying to kill mine, only to take away their mother' ,thought Hades.

Looking at the boy, he could clearly see signs of malnourishment, along with abuse from the scars on his wrists from his restraint, but that was not much of concern. More was the fact that he had a long scar running from just above his left eyebrow, down to the side of his face from above his eye, along with him missing a major part of his skin, burnt off near the right collarbone area as it was fully red, blackened along some parts that Hades could see from the tattered tshirt.

His expression turned to a soft one, as he patted the boy on the head. "Hey little one, how much do you know about the greek mythology" ,asked Hades. "A lot" ,said Percy as he got a sad smile on his face as he looked into the fire, remembering the good times of him and his mother telling him stories.

"What I say they were all true and me being the same man you mentioned" ,asked Hades as Percy let out a small laugh. "Not much surprised, that wasn't your average dog back there" ,said Percy, making Hades chuckle quietly.

Hades decided to take a look into Percy's memories. The more he looked, the angrier he got, to the extent that he wanted to rip off every single Olympian's head, starting with that naive brother of his. 'I can't take him to Olympus, that imbecile of a king would kill him. Sometimes I wonder why I refused the throne when Fates gave it to me. I won't give him to Poseidon either, that idiot can't even handle his own problems. I can raise him as my own, giving Persephone a chance to become a real mother too. Besides, he is currently in line to be the child of the prophecy, and with all in the underworld we sure would have a more than decent chance to survive if I send him to that blasted camp' ,thought Hades as he looked into the sea green eyes of Percy.

"What if I take you down to the underworld with me, raise you there" ,asked Hades. "I wouldn't say no" ,said Percy as he after a long time felt happy, Hades feeling the same as he extended his hand to the boy.

"Here take my hand, let's go to your new home" ,said Hades with a smile as Percy gladly accepted it and hugged Hades on his legs, while they just shadow travelled to the underworld.

'He will be the one to return the honour to the House of Hades, that I am sure of. When the time comes, all three of my children would be the greatest demigods this generation sees' ,thought Hades.

( 1030 words )