4

The games period got over and we headed towards our buses. I was very confident and had prepared myself to be a part of the conversation today and let Manav know that I am not a quiet girl. I entered my bus, Aashna sat beside me. Soon, those two idiots entered and we had our attendance but wait, they did not call out Manav's name. 

Unnati: Aree, Manav ka name kyun nahi liya?

Tanzeel: Uska name kyun lena hai?

Unnati: Woh humari bus mein hai na?

Sanket: Yeh kab hua?

Unnati: Toh subah woh humari bus mein kya kar raha tha?

Tanzeel: Woh uski bus miss hogyi thi and woh mere ghar ke paas hi rehta lekin humari locality se 2 buses aati hai na toh uski dusri wali bus hai. 

Unnati: Oh achaa!

Sanket: Waise tu hume kuch btana chahegi kya?

Unnati: Kya?

Aashna(chuckles): Bas haan Unnati, aab bahot hogya.

Unnati: Kya hogya mujhe aisa kya btana hai?

Tanzeel: Yahi ki tu Manav ko like krti.

I was taken aback by Tanzeel's word, how did this duffer come to know about this, waise bhi abhi like nahi hai it's still a crush. I had to show that it was not true so I acted innocent.

Unnati: Pagal hogya hai? Tujhe aise kisne bola?

Aashna: Teri naazro ne!

This girl and her lines. Her this line made me blush so hard but anyhow I controlled.

Unnati: Kya mazak chal raha hai yaha? Aisa kuch bhi nahi hai.

I turned to see those two laughing.

Unnati: Meine koi joke maara?

Sanket: Hum toh tere maze le rhein thein!

Tanzeel: Aur kya! 

And they continued laughing. After sometime, Aashna came near my ears and said.

Aashna: Woh dono toh mazak kar rhein thein but mein serious thi. Ik you have a crush on him. Jhooth bolne ki zarurat nahi hai. Tension na le mein kisi ko nahi btaungi, Ashi ko bhi nahi!

I did not replied back to her and turned to look at the window. I know her and knew that she would have found out whereas these two would have blamed me even if I was not crushing on Manav. I reached my house and opened my phone. I saw a whatsapp message from an unknown number. I opened it. 

??: Hey, is it Unnati Malharkar?

Unnati: Yes, it is. Who are you?

??: Ooh. Hey, Unnati. Pulkit this side from XIth Commerce.

I know this guy. He never told me directly but I heard that he likes me. He is again one of the most handsome guy of our school or you can say he is Manav's competition. He has dated a lot of girls and to be honest, I had a crush on him but not now but the thing is we never had a conversation, so why did he text me all of a sudden.

Unnati:  Hey Pulkit! Aise achanak se mssg kyun? Mtlb kuch kaam tha kya?

Pulkit: Aree, mein jaanta hun humne kabhi baat nahi ki but hum friends ban skte hai, haina?

Well, he could have asked me about this at school as well but anyways.

Unnati: Haan haan ofc. Waise yeh toh tum school mein bhi puch skta the, aur tujhe mera number kaise mila?

Pulkit: Number meine common friend se liya hai, aur haan school mein kar skte thein but aab school mein directly as friends hi milenge toh achaa lgega.

I chatted with him for a while and then went to study. Now, this is the thing. I have friends but the problem is they all are pretty famous, I don't know, I am not into all of these things but the thing which shocks me as well is that unknowingly, I am friends with almost all of the famous people at the school and because of that many people know me as well. I never tried to be friends with Sanket or Tanzeel but we ended up being in the same bus. I never thought I would be friends with Manav though we barely had a talk but still people think that I am good friends with him. And now again, Pulkit himself approached me. Five years back, nothing was like this. I was in a different bus route, an introvert. People tried to talk with me but I hardly replied to them and then my house shifted and my bus as well. I met Aashna in that bus and she introduced me to these two people, I was very shy with them as well but these two would always say something which made me laugh and I myself did not know, when I changed from a hesistant girl to a talkative girl and that's how I started making friends. The whole credit of this goes to Aashna. She was the one who made me talk and introduced me to different people.

Now, leaving all this aside I went to sleep after having my dinner and next day went to my school. As usual, the bus journey was full of talks. We reached school and we were leaving Sanket at his class when a voice stopped me, an unfamiliar one. I turned to look and found out it was Pulkit.

Pulkit: Unnati!

Unnati: Haan?

I could feel the eyes of people around us on me. Ofc, they had to look, when it's Pulkit Pandey. I know Sanket and Tanzeel are not very good friends of his and Aashna never had a talk with him. I saw Manav passing by us and looking at us. He said hello to Aashna, Sanket and Tanzeel and went inside his class, he did not say anything to me. I guess because I was talking with Pulkit so he didn't want to interrupt. I hardly talked to him for a minute when Sanket came there.

Sanket: Kuch important baat chal rahi hai kya?

Pulkit: Nahi!

Sanket: Achaa toh Unnati mujhe tujhse kaam hai please chal mere saath.

I looked at Pulkit who just smiled, so I smiled back and said bye to him. I went towards Aashna, Sanket and Tanzeel.

Unnati: Haan Sanket bol.

Before he could say anything the teacher arrived. (Jab smjh na aaye kya likhna hai tab teacher ki entry krwa deti hun mein!) I, Aashna and Tanzeel left towards our class. I and Aashna were sitting, when Aashna spoke.

Aashna: Unnati, tu Pulkit ko kaise jaanti hai?

Unnati: Haan, mein wahi tujhe btane wali thi.

I narrated the whole incident to her.

Aashna: Usne tujhe text kiya bas isss baat ke liye? Tujhe kuch ajeeb nahi lag raha? Aur pta nahi mujhe aaj Manav bhi thoda ajeeb sa laga.

Unnati: Manav ajeeb laga mtlb?

Aashna: Mtlb mujhe lagta hai ki Pulkit and Manav ke beech mein kuch problems hai.

Unnati: Pta nahi. Manav issi saal toh aaya hai. Waise bhi mujhe kya krna. Na toh Manav mera bahot achaa dost hai aur na hi Pulkit.

Aashna: Haan sahi baat hai. Chal chod woh sab.

Soon the teacher arrived and I was really sleepy. Finally, it was the lunch period. Today I was not in the mood to go and search for Manav as I always ended up finding him in my own class. I was sitting with Aashna and Ashi and eating my food and to my surprise, Manav did not come in my class today. Now, I really feel something is wrong with him but I am not a very good friend of his to go and ask him about it. The lunch period got over and the classes continued. Soon, the school was over. I went inside the bus and today those two were sitting in the bus. I went and sat on my seat, when Sanket spoke. I knew this was coming. I sighed and turned to face them.

Sorry for making you all wait but dimag mein kuch nahi aa raha tha kya likhun. I don't know if this chapter is good enough or not. Do vote and comment and let me know your views. If you have anything or any request, you can write in the comment section or can message me. Love you all!! Thanks for reading.