Lies

"Fourteen days late?!" Monica repeated after her friend. Raquel just nodded without saying anything. 

"W-what if I just forgot to write it down?" Raquel tried to calm herself down a little as Monica exhaled loudly.

"I will be at your place in fifteen minutes," Monica said quickly already getting herself ready to head to the nearest pharmacy and then to her best friend's apartment.

"Thank you." Raquel sighed, she needed Monica by her side right now, what if she really is pregnant? 

Soon enough the doorbell rang. Raquel slowly walked towards the door, she still wasn't feeling much well, so her steps were a little bit clumsy. 

"Hi..." Monica tried to smile as Raquel opened the door. Without saying anything more Monica pulled Raquel into her warm embrace. Raquel needed this, she needed someone to calm her down, she needed someone to tell her that everything will be alright. 

"Hi..." She closed her eyes pulling closer to her best friend. They just stood there in the hallway, Monica tried to calm Raquel down as Raquel's eyes started filling with tears.

"Come inside." She finally said after a while of hugging. They both headed into the living room where Monica sat on the couch. "Would you like anything to drink?" Raquel asked politely.

"Oh please, screw drinks, come sit next to me." Monica stopped Raquel. Raquel sat next to Monica breathing heavily, she knew which conversation is coming. "So, how are you holding up?" Monica asked her as she sat more comfortably on the couch.

"Well..." Raquel sighed, she didn't even know how she felt. Should she be happy? Everyone is happy about this news, then why not her? "Honestly, I don't know how I feel..." Small tears appeared in her eyes. "Now I know, I could be pregnant, I don't know what to think." A small tear ran down her face. 

"Raquel, what if, as you said, you just wrote it down incorrectly." Monica now tried to cheer up her a little.

"There is only one way to know." Raquel took a deep breath and Monica nodded.

"Pregnancy test." She finished her sentence as she started looking into her bag. "You're lucky I got some on the way here." She smiled hopefully.

"Thanks." Raquel smiled a little through the tears in her eyes. She probably wouldn't be able to take it anymore if she would even have to go to the pharmacy to buy them. Monica handled Raquel all three tests which she bought and they both headed into the bathroom. 

The clock was ticking as they both stood there nervously waiting for the result. None of them dared to say anything. They just stood there in silence, Raquel was breathing heavily, she closed her eyes in a hope that her fear will go away.

"Five minutes," Monica announced nervously looking at her phone.

"Okay, here we go." Raquel took a deep breath. She took the first stick into her hands and turned it around. 

"Table for two please." Sergio smiled as he walked into the restaurant. 

"Again, why are we even here?" Andrés raised his eyebrows. 

"Some of my sources say that she should be working here." Sergio smiled hopefully, he hoped that he will finally see her again. After a month of looking for her, he finally found where the mystery girl could work.

"Are you kidding me?" Andrés shot him with a sharp look. "How many times I told you-" He started but didn't finish the sentence since Sergio started talking.