Chapter 3 - Rain City & Cale

recap:

"No need. I want to walk." I told her and left without anymore words. But I realized something I forgot. "How do I get there?"

Ahahaha

You forgot

No worries we will lead you.

The trio spirit laughed at me as they picked up a couple of leaves which blew in the direction I needed to go to the city.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once I reached the guards just salute to me, and allowed me in. Which was good, because I don't think I brought any identification paperwork with me. They pointed me to the glasses shop and the people inside all flinched at my presences. "I need new glasses. Can you prepare one?" I asked the manager.

"Yes. Young master. With degree?" the lady manager asked.

"Do I not have a record here?" I asked back, because according to the diary, this is the only glasses store in Rain City. "Well, who cares. Normal glass, with - "I looked around and picked up a steady looking frame from the display. "this frame. How long would you take to finish it?" I questioned.

"If we prioritize it, it can be done by tomorrow morning. But its premium price - "before she finished I flicked a gold coin to the counter.

"I will collect it tomorrow morning." I told her and she immediately nodded and took the frames from me and handed it to her co-worker. "Oh, where is the closest snack shop?" I asked again as she flinched. Before listing a couple of places and I nodded before going off. But I could hear a commotion coming from inside the store.

"When did the bastard come and shop on his own. Don't he always send his maid?"

"I thought he was going to kill me."

"It was scary."

Which caused me to sweat drop. "Am I that scary?"

Yup.

People run from you. That's why Glor always does the shopping for you.

You are called a bastard here. Your brother is called trash.

'How amusing... and annoying.' "Let's go and get those snacks." I said and the trio spun breeze at my cheeks, which tickles. When I got to the cafe, I bought a bag of cookies, with herbal tea and 2 pieces of cake. I sipped on the tea, while the trio devoured the apple pie together. I had a couple of bites, but it felt too sweet to my liking. Then I gave it to them to finish it up. The spirits also spoke that I know magic, but didn't bring my wand with me this time. But brought a ring on my middle finger instead.

Reason? Gut instinct. That allowed me to survive all that time, in my previous world. 'I had a wand? That is so inconvenient.' as the time grew closer, I paid the bill and headed to the bar. I told the trio to go play and come find me when they are done playing. I arrived on the 2nd floor and got ale. While waiting for Cale to arrive, at the open of the door, the sound below suddenly disappeared.

"Is he here yet?" a familiar voice asked.

"Yes. Young master. He is on the 2nd floor. I will bring you your drink." with that the stairs creaked a little as a short haired red head popped form the stairs.

"Cale."

"Lance." I gestured to the chair beside me, which he sat on. "So, how is hermit life?"

"... it's alright. How are things within the city and the house?" I asked, as the alcohol was soon served along with a couple of food for dinner.