Chapter 4 - Henituse Estate

Recap:

"Che. Like you live a better life. You damn hermit." I smiled at the comment. Before pulling my ring off, grabbing his hand and slipping it on his middle finger. "You better not be proposing to me."

"Tsk. Of course not. This is an artifact. It should allow you to summon a weapon of your desire. You don't need a lot of mana, just enough to activate it. It will stay in your hand, until you throw it elsewhere and in order to it to return again, you need to put in more mana." I explained.

"I never heard of this before."

"Well. Am I the first to make it? Dunno. Anyways, do what you need with it. I can make more for myself." I told him. We talked a little longer, before we left the bar. Ignoring the party going on, the owner bowed to us as we left. But neither of us really cared. I walked Cale back to the Manor, to see the dangerous feeling Ron. Gave them a wave, before teleporting myself with the trio back to my house. Going into the barrier which is activated when no one is around. I headed off to wash up and sleep for the day. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I woke up the next day, I went to grab my glasses, which was very well made and gave them a tip, before leaving. As the glasses does their job well, blocking the sight of those death lines. I bought a bunch of baking materials, before dragging Cale and Lily, who was take a break, to my house (literally kidnapped them from the main house).

Before going off to make cookies with them, a batch of sweet ones and apple flavoured ones. We went off to bake all sort of things and I didn't let Cale run off for the day. It was until the end of the day and they sent a carriage to pick them up, by Ron. "Master Lance, Count Deruth has extended his invitation to you join them for dinner tomorrow."

"Ho. Very well. I will come by tomorrow."

"Should we prepare a carriage?"

"Prepare one for Gloria. I don't need one." I told him. "Do I need to bring anything?" I asked the butler.

"Of course not." he said, before leaving with my brother and little sister.

"Dinner... it's been a long time. Yet, he always invites me after I go drinking with Cale... how annoying." I scoffed, before cleaning the place up with magic and the spirits help, after bribing them with snacks. Then I went to my workshop to make another ring artifact and to make new items during my free time.

Once I was done, I went to sleep and woke the next day to Gloria pushing me off the bed again. "Dear Gloria, you need to stop pushing me off the bed."

"But it's impossible to wake you up without doing that." she bluntly told me, as she retold how even cold water was unable to wake me up. I weakly laughed as she prepared my clothes for later and I went off to do my own business before the time came. I crafted another sword, which was about Lily's size. 'Children grow up so quickly. I should make a couple and give it to her on her birthdays.' I noted to myself. As for Basen, I made a heavy duty fountain pen, decorated with the symbol of the family. As for Cale... I was stumped.

"There is literally nothing Cale might want... plus, our birthday is around the same time that mother died... it's hard to celebrate." I recalled from the text, that on our birthday, we don't have a habit of celebrating, just the both of us eating dinner together, last year Basen joined us and the year before Basen and Count Violan joined us... but never father.

"Tsk. What kind of father is he?" 'well, that is none of my business.'

Gloria left first to help with dinner preparation and I teleported myself to the place, arriving at the city gates, before walking through. The manor was a little walk away and when I arrived, Ron was waiting for me. "Welcome young master. You are early."

"Is there a need for me to be late? Beside I hate tardiness." I told him and handed my coat to him, before walking into the place. "Where are my siblings?"

"Young master Basen is in the library, young lady Lily is by the training field and Young master Cale is sleeping in his room." Ron told me. "Should I call them?"

"No. I will see them later. I'm going to the training field." I told him and walked into that direction. When I arrived I spotted Lily sitting at the side watching the knights train. "You want to be a knight, Lily?" I asked and she snapped her head to me.

"Orabeonim!"

"Want to see me spar with the knights?" I offered as I untied my tie and shoved it in my pocket. And from the sparkles in her eyes, she indeed wanted it. I grabbed a staff, before walking into the field, as the knights finally noticed me walking in.

"Young Master Lance! How can we help?"

"A spar with me. Who is up to it?" I asked and they were all stunned. "Afraid?" I smirked, and they stern up. As Hilsmen took my challenge, as he readied himself with his sword. Then we fought, not long later, he was on his back and the butt of the staff at his neck. There were applause and I helped the knight up. "You did great. Work hard and maybe you might beat me the next time we spar." I told him and his eyes sparkled as well.

"Yes sir. I won't let you down."

"Great. Hope you will last longer than today." I added, as I have a bastard reputation to keep up. As I returned to Lily's side, as she looked more motivated than ever. "Like what you saw?" I asked with amusement.

"I want to be as strong as Orabenim."she smiled at me. As I pulled out a box from my spiral bag and handled it to her.

"Desire is a great fuel to greatness. I shall leave this in your care. When you grow older I will get one which would fit you better." I told her, as she opened it to see a shiny sword, which is identical to the ones the knights carried, but it's currently blade. I was planning to make her a proper bladed one, when she become 7.

"Did Orabenim buy this?"she asked.

"No. I made it. I know you will strive for greatness." I smiled, patting her head as she grasped it like a baby. I helped her put it on and showed it off proudly to the adults. I followed her as she went to show it off to Basen, which I then gave him my gift for him and her mother, before I went off to look for Cale who was drinking alcohol in his room. "Why didn't you invite me?"

"You don't like alcohol." he answered back.

"There is nothing wrong with sharing some with you." I told him and we drank a bit, until Ron called for us for dinner.

When we arrived, I sat beside Cale on the other end of the table, greeting father a good day. We silently ate our food, as Lily talked about wanting to be a knight to protect our territory and how she wanted to be as good as me in fighting. I didn't add much as told her that I look forward to sparing with her. "How have you been Lance?" Count Deruth asked me.

"Everything has been peaceful. There is nothing to worry about." I told him, not mentioning that my memories just refreshed a couple of days ago... not that he needs to know that. I enjoyed the cooking and drinks, before I started preparing to leave. I didn't converse with Deruth about the giant elephant issue he has with us. Because the both of know know what we are doing, but if he can't see the issue, then he is blind.

"Are you not going to stay the night?" Basen and Lily asked, with Cale behind them.

"Well. I have task to do. I will come by once in a while and celebrate your birthdays." I told them.

"We will celebrate yours and Orabenim too." Lily proudly declared as I pat her on the head.

"I will wait for it."

I left with teleportation, which makes travelling a lot more convenient.