Cold air brushed against a bruised face and a soft purring sound cut the oh-so painful silence.

The clouds were dark, not letting any sunlight shine through them

The silence and purring got cut by a male voice that began to speak.

" You're not that easy to find, you know that? "

A male voice called out to a brown-haired girl.

The girl that sat crisscrossed on a bench with the purring cat in her lap then spoke.

" What's the reason you're here? "

She spoke in a toneless voice, you could hear the cold weather made her voice hoarse and strained it.

Looking straight ahead towards an old abandoned playground.

" I need you right now, Mikey- "

" I'm tired... " The girl spoke interrupting the Boy.

" I'm sorry Takemichi... you're on your own "

She spoke once again, letting the cat leave the spot on her lap. Watching it go away, going on its way, all alone.

It was quiet for some time, just the wind breezing through the bushes and trees. 

As he began to speak again.

" Don't... Don't say that... "

He whispered, loud enough for her to hear.

She sighed, trying to bury down her will of getting up and helping him once more.

" Isn't it horrible... Isn't it mortifying, to be us? Isn't it cruel? Aren't you angry, broken, depressed? After everything? "

She responded with her strained voice, her head starting to hang low.

The worn-out jeans jacket, stained with old blood, ripped, lost in color, falling apart.

You could tell what the jacket had been through, the memories that were painted on it.

But she still wore it, even though it didn't warm her body like it used to do.

She couldn't move on from it.

Takemichi did not take his eyes from her, he could tell how exhausted and empty she felt.

And he knew, no matter what he said, she would not move from this bench.

He could tell, that she wanted to, she would always help him without hesitation, but she couldn't, no more, and he accepted it.

" You need to go soon, or it will be too late... "

She declared as she lifted her head again, looking at the sky.

Footsteps on grass, walking away, farther and farther, till they were gone, and it became completely silent again.

" Good luck Takemichi"

𝑁𝑜𝑡𝑒𝑠:

I've rewritten the first chapter, wasn't satisfied with the old one.

𝑊𝑜𝑟𝑑 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑡↦ 450