The Sea's Storm Issue #1

A man wearing all black, and a ski mask walked silently through the streets. He bit his tongue as he looked around. He was alone, so he walked back to the bank. It was obvious in his steps that he was nervous. He walked through the doors of the bank and up to his partner breaking into the ATM.

     "He's not here." The first man said, clearly relieved.

     "Who's not here?" A voice came from beside them.

     Both of the men screamed, before turning to their side. Standing there, leaning against a pillar, was a man clothed in spandex. It was black, with a golden trident in the middle of his chest. His torso had been colored sea green, popping out from the black. His forearms and calves were in blue spandex. His mask covered his entire face, with the only indication that he had eyes being the sea green lenses.

     Both men knew this man. Not personally, of course, from the news, and according to the news, he had no name. The only sign that he was around was the fact that criminals were dropped off at a police station, soaking wet. Eyewitness reports had identified him, describing him as moving fluidly, and fast.

     Even in his short time of being active, criminals were wary of him. And here he was, standing in front of the two.

     "So, are you two gonna say anything, or should I start?" He said.

     Both criminals were still processing the fact that they had been caught, and had no indication that he was there. They had taken so many precautions, how could he have known?!

     "No, okay." He cleared his throat. "You know the bank is closed at this time, and you should come back during its hours of operation, right?"

     The criminal that was breaking into the ATM clenched his hand around the screwdriver that he was holding. He would have one chance. He swiftly brought up his hand and stabbed downwards at the masked man.

     Shockingly, or not, the man in spandex caught the man's wrist, and squeezed. The criminal dropped the screwdriver, where it got kicked by the superhero. The other criminal went to punch the hero, but he blocked it.

     The hero squeezed the hand that had the criminal's wrist in it. He squeezed hard enough for the bone to break. The man screamed in pain. The hero let go, only for the criminal to fall on his ass.

     "Oh my god, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to." The vigilante sounded like he was genuinely sorry.

     The criminal passed out from the pain. That left the one that wasn't breaking into the ATM. He went for another punch, only for it to be blocked again. But this time, the hero used his other hand to punch the criminal in the gut.

     The criminal doubled over, before throwing up. Right onto his assaulter's shoes.

     "Come on man, this is my only pair of shoes!" The hero said.

     The hero picked up the man, only for him to pass out. The hero sighed, before grabbing the other criminal. He carried them out of the bank, each one across his shoulders.

     The hero concentrated, before stepping into the air. He appeared to float, moving without walking. He flew through the air, high above the skyline of New York. He passed above the Empire State Building, before slowly descending.

     He touched the ground right in front of a police station. The lights were on, probably, because they never closed, but the hero didn't worry, they never saw him. He laid the criminals by the door, knocked, and floated away, gone, with the only sign of his intervention being the smell of the sea.

LINE BREAK

     Last night, the New York Bank Of America was broken into. One of the ATM's had marks in it, like someone was trying to break it open. But in a turn of events, the bank has reported no money missing.

     Also last night, two criminals were apprehended, allegedly caught robbing a bank. Only one witness, a woman who was outside for a leisurely stroll, when she caught sight of the two smashing the window with a brick.

     "I just remember seeing the two men breaking in. Then it's a blur. I think I saw a man in black, blue and gold stop them, but I can't be sure." The woman told Channel 6 News earlier this morning.

     This is not the first time that this man has been spotted. The first being a month ago, when he stopped a jewelry store from being robbed. Multiple accounts of this man have been reported, with still no name or picture. In fact, the only name that has stuck to the man is Seastorm.

     The closest we have is a pencil sketch that the police have drawn up, based on his description over the encounters. Police have said that they are looking for this man, saying that he needs to be put in check. They have even gone as far as to put out an arrest warrant for him.

     General consensus says that the man shouldn't be arrested, as he seems to only be helping. Only time will tell what happens to this story, but you can be sure that Channel 6 News will be the first ones to cover it.

     "Seastorm? What a stupid name." Percy muttered, clearly unhappy about the name.

     He exited out of the news article as his mother walked into the room. Percy grabbed his spoon and ate a bite of his cereal.

     "Good morning mom."

     "Good morning." His mom said, before walking over to the living room and turning on the TV.

     The news was on, with the reporter telling the same story that he was just reading. When it got to the part about the arrest warrant, she started to shake her head.

     "Crazy. They are willing to arrest a man that's just trying to help."

     "I mean, he is breaking some of these criminal's bones." Percy said.

     His mother sighed. "That is true. Still, I don't think that he should be arrested. Maybe trained not to do so."

     "That's fair."

     Percy stuck the last scoop of his cereal into his mouth, before drinking the milk and rinsing out his bowl. He stuck the bowl in the dishwasher.

     He put on his shoes, cleaner than they had been in a while. He was about to leave the apartment, when his mother stopped him.

     "Where are you going?"

     "To school?"

     "It's not 7:00 yet."

     "Well, I don't want to be late."

     His mom stared at him, before letting him go. He grabbed his backpack and skateboard and ran out of the apartment. He skated down the sidewalk, earbuds blaring in his ears.

     After 10 minutes, he finally arrived at his high school, Goode High.

     It was one of the only schools to take him with his track record. Kicked out of every school he had been to. Luckily, he had been able to stay at Goode for his entire high school career. And next year, he'll graduate.

      But that was the future. He had to focus on today.

     Because he had a quiz in math, and he forgot to study for it.

A/N. Alright, this is another multi chapter fic, because I have a multitude of problems. As if I didn't have enough WIP's right now. But I digress.

Now, I do have a beta reader for this story, Zaeng_. Thank you again, for real.

Percy is a mortal in this story, though he will have a connection to the Greek Gods. (You'll see what I mean when I go over his origin.)

If you couldn't tell, I'm drawing heavy inspiration from Spider-Man, since he has, and probably always will be, my favorite superhero.

I do have part of The Blader's Journey and The Games of Othrys chapters written, I just need to finish them, along with The Living Undead. God, I've dug myself too deep.

Thoughts?