The Sea's Storm Issue #3

Percy pulled the mask off of his face and took in the night air. He sat on the edge of the One World Trade Center, overlooking the city. Below him, the lights of cars passed by, little dots only seen because it was dark.

     His heart was beating fast, not expecting what had happened. It was confusing to say the least.

     After he left the Nightshade's house, he had driven near his apartment, and parked in an alley. He snuck into his room through the window, using the fire escape. He could've used the water in the air to float up, but if someone saw him, well, now wasn't the best time to be discovered.

     He entered the room and quietly made his way to the closet. If his mom found out about his nightly outings, he would probably be grounded for life. He opened the closet door. Sitting in a box under a stack of clothes was his suit. He slipped it on, the spandex feeling cold. He slipped the mask on and walked over to the window. He started to hear footsteps coming down the hall.

     "Percy?" His mom called, before opening the door. All she saw was an empty room with the window open. "Hm, must've been the wind."

     She closed the window. As soon as it shut Percy let out a sigh of relief. He had jumped out to the fire escape just in time. He started to climb the steps, going all the way to the top of the apartment building.

     He reached the top, and walked to the edge of the building before jumping. The wind whistled past his covered ears as he fell. He manipulated the water in the air to catch him, before moving through the air horizontally.

     He "flew" all the way to the dock, landing on a crane. He looked down at the empty unlit pavement. It was quiet, like no one was there. He jumped off, floating down to the ground. He started to walk through the dock, looking for any signs of life.

     He entered a warehouse, but all he saw was shipping containers ready to be shipped on a ship the next day. He raised an eyebrow. He had been expecting a fight, you know, to get the blood pumping.

     "Hello? Is there anyone here at all?" He shouted, putting his hands near his mouth to amplify his voice. "I heard there was a robbery going on!"

     When no answer came, he let his hands fall back to his side. He turned his head, looking around again. The only thing he saw in the darkness was the red light of a security camera.

     Percy sighed, before walking out of the warehouse. He tapped his foot, his anxiety kicking in. Why would the police put out a false alert. It didn't make sense. What if it was a trap? But if it was one, surely it would've been sprung by now, right?

     He stepped onto the air, solidifying the water. He flew up, looking down on the dock. Again, there was no one around. He had to deal with the fact that either the police dealt with it already, or it was just a false alarm.

     He flew off, heading back into the main city. Cars passed by beneath him as his body cut through the air. Skyscrapers rose up in his vision, but one stood out to him. The One World Trade Center.

     He flew to the top of it, bringing us to the present.

     He pulled his phone out of his pocket, put the mask in his pocket. He turned the phone on. He didn't have many notifications, mostly just YouTube videos, but there was one that caught his eye.

Due Tomorrow: Rhetorical Precis

     Fuck. With all the nervousness about meeting his girlfriend's father and then the thing with the doc, he completely forgot that he had an assignment due for english. He clicked on it, taking him to the google classroom of his teacher.