7

"An object that's precious to you is agonizing to look at once the person who gave it to you is gone."

"..."

"...!" You inhaled sharply, suppressing your urge to exclaim in surprise. "Oh. Geez, it's hard to keep track of you when you disappear and go as you please without a trail."

"...Really now?" Barbatos felt a smile creep into his lips. Though, it didn't last when he caught sight of a massive gash.

It ran from your wrist, ending near the elbow joint. Blood rushed out of the wound, pooling into the ground. The puddle's size grew more and more as the seconds passed by.

Barbatos' face paled at the sight.

What made it even worse was that mud surrounded your arm as well.

"Oh! Uhm... Don't mind this. I just got into a little bit of ahm... an accident?"

"...Little?" His eye twitched. He inhaled deeply.

Now wasn't the time to panic. After all, it wasn't like this was the first time it happened. Carefully, he took hold of your hand. At the sudden gesture, you couldn't help but flinch back in surprise.

You then winced as the pain grew worse due to your sudden movement. Barbatos mirrored the action.

Right.

He probably shouldn't be the one to do the first move when it came to touching you.

"..." Neither of you spoke a word as you averted your gaze from the wound. Barbatos squeezed your hand lightly, making you fixate your attention back onto him.

"...Would you be alright walking to the nearby pond here?"

"...Sure."

His steps were gentle, as he wanted no unnecessary movement to further heighten the pain. He avoided looking at the blood dripping down the ground.

After a few agonizing moments, you two had made it there. You tilted your head down and gazed down the pond. Your reflection was distorted as a result of the soft ripples through the water.

Barbatos knelt down, not minding the muddy ground that made contact with his pants. He gestured for you to do the same.

Once you sat down with him, he stretched your arm out to the water in a slow and gentle manner. Then, he began cleaning the wound to the best of his abilities.