OldnoBlade (pt1)

•Techno was one of the original Pigmen (Choirosandres (Choirosandras for singular)), meaning the ones that the Zombie Pigmen came from. They are a different species from Piglins, honestly more closely related to Hoglins.

•He was considered blessed (or cursed, depending upon their perspective) by his people when they learned that their deceased resided within him. This is also the reason that he is undying (not unkillable, simply ageless)

•The beginning of the zombie virus for the Choirosandres of the nether was a confusing time for all of them. No one is certain on how it works but they know:
-The turned crave uninfected Choirosandras flesh
-Will only die if their brains are destroyed or damaged a sufficient amount
-They seem to be in some sort of hive mind, where if one is attacked then others will join them
-Every Choirosandras is infected and will turn after they die unless their brain is destroyed or they died in lava
-A bite has a 50/50 survival rate and there are no benefits to surviving other than survival

•The Choirosandres were horrified to learn that the infected did not join the chorus in Techno's head, they could only join after they were slain.

•This is all happening before portals to and from the Overworld were even thought of, so this virus is entirely of Nether origin.

•When the portals first are created it is by the ones who created the desert temples and other ruins of the Overworld. They don't come to conquer but to explore, and then to trade with the residents

•The Choirosandres sometimes went through the portal but in general they didn't see the appeal. They could survive comfortably in the Nether and the Overworld was mostly cold to their senses. Obviously a few went through, mostly their scholars, but only really for short stints

•The Choirosandres are rather accepting of this and try to keep these visitors (their species known as Permundum) separated from the infected. They are successful for a time but issues are bound to happen.

•The Permundum didn't believe the Choirosandres about the threat they could be as the infected did not attack those outside their own species, they would retaliate if attacked but would not strike the first blow. This prompted the Permundum to travel around and through the hordes untouched until some cocky young one hit one of the infected.

•A few of the Permundum who escaped the horde were bitten and were kept under watch by the Choirosandres to see if they would become infected. Around half of the did and were given honorable deaths by the Choirosandres.

•The execution of some of their warriors for seemingly no reason caused the Permundum to declare war upon the Nether. The Choirosandres attempted to explain but they wouldn't tolerate "excuses"

•Apparently when the Permundum realized that the nether residents were a warrior race they decided that the slightest provocation would be used to start a war so that they could "civilize these savage Pigmen" (The fact that the Choirosandres managed to avoid anything that would be counted as provocation for over 20 years was extremely impressive)