Barcelona

Ava was right about one thing, Isabelle supposes, and it's that the guys still absolutely hate her. Even if Isabelle's been forgiving and has given Ava another chance, the guys — in particularly Charlie, Seb and Grayson — don't seem keen to do the same.

True to her word, however, Ava has stopped flirting with Charlie, and now doesn't really talk to him at all, but Isabelle supposes that's because he now avoids her at all costs. He still glares at her from time to time, even when the red-haired girl is hanging out with Isabelle, who really is her only friend in the group. Seb and Grayson, while they weren't really affected by Ava's behaviour beforehand, seem to be too protective over Isabelle to want to look at Ava ever again, even now that she's improved so much.

Jack has been the most forgiving of her, aside from Isabelle, the two of them having had a few civil conversations now and again. Logan and Joe are also starting to warm up to her, as she now seems keen to try her hardest and work as a group, trying to get them all back on track.

And they are back on track, Isabelle supposes. After she forgave Ava and they became friends, Grayson and Charlie seemed to relax just enough to be able to push the girl from their minds for a moment, in order to work together and use their Tracker skills to determine that the group of Vipertooths have long since left Barquisimeto and have headed in the direction of Valencia, or the next major town to the east.

So that's where the eight of them have been for the past week, venturing around the entirety of Carabobo State, through all the buildings and built up areas, talking to Muggles here and there to see if they have any information on the missing children. And that's what Isabelle's doing now, talking to a group of men in a pub with Seb by her side, the two of them trying to gain any extra information that they can. They long since realised that this isn't an assignment they can succeed in without outside help.

"My wife's friends have been worried abou' deir children," one of the men says to Isabelle, leaning closer to her so that she can smell the stench of alcohol on his breath. "Dey are talking abou' i' like some kind of disease. Star'ed in Ecuador, wen' drough Columbia and now is going to take all deir children here. Say i's a plague. A curse."

"Da's righ'," his friend nods along, also getting closer to Isabelle, to the point where Seb puts a protective arm around her shoulders. "My wife has friends all over, righ'? And she said one of dem — Maria, I dink — is now frigh'ened for her children all the way over in Barcelona. Reckons i's going dere nex'."

"I have heard da same," another man butts in. "Says da ding taking da children is some kind of beas' dat only attacks in da nigh'. Reckons i's go' angry for some reason, and is now making everyone suffer for i's evil enjoymen'. Dere's been attacks in Caracas already, and now da beas' is heading towards Barcelona, and all da other Eas'ern ci'ies, before i'll go in'o Guyana and do da same dere."

"I heard da's i's plan — to take over all of South America, one coun'ry a' a time," the original guy says again, nodding along with his friends.

"Thanks for telling us about it," Isabelle says, and makes to stand up with Seb, but one of the men grabs her arm.

"Oh, come on, lovely, why don' you stay for a drink? I's on me."

"No thanks," Seb snaps. "She's coming back with me."

The man raises his hands in surrender.

"Alrigh', alrigh', you take her," he says, and Isabelle and Seb quickly head out of the pub, back towards the meeting place with the other six.

"What did you two find out?" Grayson asks them as soon as they arrive.

"That men around here aren't loyal to their wives," Seb snaps, shooting a glare back at the pub.