Second Chance (part 4)

• Dedicated to Lucia Ky

Lucia’s POV

I was running fast. The wind was groaning screaming and whispering something into my ears, all at the same time.

Don’t run…!” That was what they said.

I could feel the grasses tickling when my feet pressed hard on the ground, water  flashed as I  tried to speed up.  I started to panic when I realized nothing around me was familiar. Darkness surrounded me and slowly poured on me a scare that was unable to describe.

Don’t run away from love...”

I didn’t run away from love!” I tried to yell back but all came out from my throat was a scared sob.

Okay, now I really wanted to stop. Whatever was chasing me, it could get me now. I didn’t want to run anymore. I was tired, out of breath and most of all, I was terrified. I was alone. And lost.

Stop, Lucia!!” I told myself but legs didn’t listen. They disobeyed my order and kept running with full-speed. My eyes were sore and tears were streaming down on my cheeks. It was like what was laying inside wasn’t my mind anymore. I could do nothing to control myself.

I will protect you, Lucia. Don’t be scared!

A voice, differed from all the screaming and scary noise around, spoke to me. It came from middle of nowhere. It was low, deep but filled with love and care.

That voice spoke again and even when it was just a whispered, I had a feeling that it could beat the darkness around me

There was a sweet and soft feeling on my lips. Something was pressing against them, something smooth, gentle but firm and passionate. I closed my eyes in reflex. The air finally could fill fully in my lung and I could breath quite normal again…

Trust me, Lu!

I felt safe, and being protected…

******

“Lucia! Lucia! Wake up!” Someone was shaking my shoulder and calling my name.

I slowly opened my eyes, tried to adjust with the lights when I realized something: Harry was right there.

He was hovering himself above me. One of his hand was placing next to my head while the other was pressing on my cheek. Warmth was left on my skin as Harry breathed in and out. His lips were extremely close to mine.

Not until then did I realized my hand was holding and squeezing Harry’s shirt tight. It became wrinkled as I startlingly pulled my hand away.

“Did you have nightmare?” Harry asked gently and rose his hand to tug some disordered hair behind my ears. My face was wet because of tears.

I nodded.

“You was screaming and crying. I thought there was something wrong with you. I was so worry.” He said and breathed out in relief.

Harry’s eyes caught my attention in a quick moment, but they forcefully made me look into the green and deep color, look into the worry and the care raising in them. I was always the one who made Harry have to worry about.

“I’m okay, Harry. Don’t worry!” I grinned to reassure him.

“Good!” His lips curved into a happy smile, showing me his dimples. “Time for dinner! You have to wake up now, Lu. My mom is looking forward to meeting you.”

“Anne’s here?” I asked. “Give me a minute. I have to change.”

“I’ll wait you outside.” Harry said and when I was about to protest, he gave me a look saying obviously that he still didn’t believe completely that I was okay.