Ch. 15 - Pin City

i made a trailer but YouTube is being weird af and it makes the screen go all trippy but maybe it's just me.....

Chapter 15

"Relax, Grace. Braden already loves you. I think Cassie likes you. And, honestly, Emerson likes everybody."

I bite my lip nervously. "Pete, I haven't really seen any friends besides you in months. I forgot how to hang out with people."

He laughs and takes my hand in his. "I'll be here the entire time. It's just bowling."

Peter decided that it would be a good idea for me to hang out with his friends, considering I don't have any besides him.

Though I don't even know if I can consider him a friend after I admitted to liking him. It's obvious that I want to be more than friends, and I'd hope he would too. He's just shy about the whole thing, I think.

He explained to me that before his friends always seemed to be closer to Andrew and he had expected them to stop hanging out with him after he passed.

That definitely wasn't the case. If anything, it proved just how much they cared for Peter. Cassie lost her mom last year, so she knew just how much space to give him.

"It's never just bowling."

"Grace, we're the four lamest people you will ever meet. Nothing exciting happens. I promise you that the only exciting thing will be if Cass brings her senior boyfriend Rory."

"Why did you even decide on bowling? I have a broken leg!" I complain as we enter Pin City.

"Because I love bowling."

After we go up to the counter to get our shoes (I can only get one), we hear Braden calling our names.

"Peter! Grace!" Braden waves his arms around obnoxiously. "Lane 13!"

We head over to lane 13 and greet his friends. They all look so casual and cute. My old friends would wear slutty party clothes to go bowling.

Peter is looking rather adorable in his oversized sweatshirt and jeans. I've come to really love his fashion. And I think he even gelled his hair tonight.

I struggle to put my shoe on with the crutches in the way and everything. Without question, Peter starts to tie my shoe for me. He cutely pats my foot when he finishes.

"Alright. Who is ready to lose?" Braden asks cockily.

"I know I am!" Cassie jokes.

I laugh. "I think it's a given that I'll be last."

"I don't know about that. My grandma lost her foot in a mini-golfing accident and still won hundreds of trophies for bowling," Emerson explains.

"Thanks for the inspirational speech, Em. But it's your turn."

She sticks her tongue out at Braden before taking her turn.

"You're friends with Lucy Anderson, right?"

I glance at Peter and then look to Rory. "Not really anymore."

"Yeah, I get that." He looks apologetic almost. "She just dated my brother for awhile, so I didn't know if you knew him."

"I might. Not to be rude or anything, but she kind of had a lot of boyfriends."

"Touché," Braden says with a smirk.

Peter laughs with a slow head shake. "You would."

Somewhere in between Rory's story about his brother, Tom, and Braden's elaborate speech this new actor Kyle Blackburn, Peter's hand lands itself on my knee.