(04.) 𝐜𝐮𝐩𝐢𝐝 𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐞𝐝 𝐮𝐩

(04.)

︻╦╤─ ҉ -¨ * ‧₊˚*♡ * *" ♡. ♡

.

As I peered at the box of brownie mix, the instructions seemed simple enough, yet a nagging question echoed in my thoughts. "3 cups of water...does it matter how big the cup is?" I mused aloud, uncertainty lacing my voice.

Lenny, ever the practical one, came to my rescue. "Um, sweetheart...here, measuring cups," he said, handing them to me with a knowing smile.

"Ah." It clicked as I grabbed the one marked '1 cup' and filled it with water. "So convenient," I smiled, appreciating the simplicity.

The brownies were for my uncle's convention; he and his accountant buddies were quite the traveling nerds, and he'd be out all day planning their trip. "Are you sure you don't want to just buy some brownies from the store?" he asked.

"Uh, no...I'm one hundred percent capable of baking box brownies," I scoffed, my pride a little wounded at the suggestion.

"Alright," Lenny raised his hands in mock surrender before heading off to work, "Please don't burn the house down while I'm gone."

"Hardy-har-har," I responded with a fake laugh, not entirely convinced myself of my culinary skills.

"See ya in the AM!" he called out, the door closing behind him.

Alone with my task, I poured flour into the bowl and reached for the mixer. As soon as it touched the mix, chaos ensued. Flour and chocolate mix exploded like a culinary grenade, coating the kitchen. "Holy crap!" I exclaimed, rushing to unplug the rogue appliance.

Panting, my back against the wall, I lamented to the heavens, "Brownie gods, why have you forsaken me?" Dramatic, sure, but my baking skills seemed to have abandoned me completely.

The doorbell's chime interrupted my kitchen calamity, prompting a groan as I peeled myself off the wall. "Uggh," I grumbled, trudging toward the door to escape the disaster I'd left in my wake.

"Woah, what happened to you?"

"bite me stuart" I scolded as he stood in my door way.

"well, you do look pretty edible" he says putting his finger on my cheeck grabbing a bit of the batter that flew on me. His finger made his way to his mouth "brownies?" I nodded walking back to the kitchen

he followed closing the door

"um I know I said we'd go out to the movies but, my uncles convention really snuck up on me a-." I started to explain.

"hey it's cool, I can help I mean." he tipped the bowl over it looking in it. "you could use it."

"I use to be so good at baking, what happened?" I say looking at the mess I made. "well to be fair, everything you baked had weed in it."