Chapter One: Prologue/Geppetto's Life

Geppetto (narrator): Once upon a time, not so very long ago, there was a little girl named Molly McGee. But at last, this is not her story of the Ghost and Molly McGee. This is the story of that important but overlooked character, Gepetto Torres! That's me, Libby's adoptive dad. Aren't the things you ever wondered about me like for instance, how the hell did I get screwed up by the police? But wait, I.. I'm getting ahead of myself. "It all began in Nashville, Tennessee. In the morning, I'd finished giving the people's bodies to their own coffins at the season.

                                                                    NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE                                                                                                                                                               June 9, 1969

Geppetto: As you can see, I was giving the body away to the coffin and the cremation is on, so that I can earn more money than $2,000,000.00. I cleaned the casket to make it glassy then I can use it to make it even better. This is my pet American shorthair cat named Figaro. (meows) Figaro, you're the member of the family now. Looks like I need some work to do. Here, as usual, the coffins you see here is satisfaction guaranteed!

                                                                 TORRES FUNERAL HOMES                                                                                                                                                   NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE                                                                                                                                                              July 4, 1969

[Fireworks boom]

[all cheering]

Geppetto: It's the fourth of July, let's go! My wish is to adopt that human girl.

Blue Fairy: Alright, your wish is my command!

TORRES FUNERAL HOME
NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE
6:49PM

Narrator: When Geppetto's funeral service, "Torres Funeral Home" was closed, he served the last coffin for the child who suffers from lung cancer.

Geppetto: Come on, Figaro. Let's go to the cemetery and carry that coffin.

(funeral music plays)

Geppetto (narrator): So, I spend the rest of my days and weeks preparing coffins, making funeral proposals and cremation urns. And so, the years passed by.

TORRES FUNERAL HOME
NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE
[Spring, 1975]

It was April 5, 1975, and that was the day that I start finishing coffins and delivering it to cemeteries and crematories.