Lonely nights.

Tamaki's pov;

The tossing, and turning. Tossing, and turning. It was like an endless cycle. When would it ever stop?
Tamaki couldn't sit still. He couldn't sleep. His eyes closed, but to no avail. He felt so.. empty, and alone. Even his weighted blanket failed to help. All he needed right now was someone to cuddle, someone to comfort him and take away the hurt.
He wasn't quite sure why he was so upset right now. He'd not had a great day at school, being forced to do some work with another class. All Tamaki wanted was to sleep and forget about life, but alas, his body would not allow him. Even after hours and hours, eventually it just.. became far too much for him to handle.
Forcing himself up, Tamaki grabbed his watch to see it was about 2am. Sighing, he slipped out of bed, slipping on his slippers and fluffy dressing gown before trudging downstairs. Maybe some chamomile tea would help him sleep. Worse comes to worse he could just take his sleeping medication, though he only saved that for a last resort. Mans don't like taking them. :(
Once downstairs, Tamaki filled up the kettle, preparing what he needed to before it finished boiling. He continued to make his tea absentmindedly, focusing on nothing in particular. Almost as if he was in autopilot, following the routine that popped to mind. He never really felt like he was in full control anyway, so it wasn't much difference.
Once he was finished, Tamaki began to head back upstairs to his dorm room. He sat there for a while, occasionally sipping at his tea as he watched some tiktoks on sleeping advice.

Eventually, Tamaki managed to slip into slumber, eyes heavy as he settled under his weighted blanket.
That didn't last long. About an hour later, he woke up again. At least it was the weekend, so he wouldn't have to worry about school the next morning.
Sighing, he contemplated his sleep meds.. though decided on something else first.
Picking up his phone, he opened messages, clicking on Nejire's contact and starting to type.

Jiki.
Hey.. Neji? You awake?

No use. There was no reply. After all, it was 3:30am.. so it was understandable.
Sighing, he placed his phone back down, about to reach into his drawers before he heard a ding. It was Nejire.

Neji.
I am now. What's up, boo?

Tamaki felt a sudden guilt wash over him reading the message. He didn't like waking people up when they needed sleep.

Jiki.
Sorry for waking you. Nevermind.

Neji.
What? No, don't worry about it. I'd just woken up anyway, I can go back to sleep later.

What's wrong?

Jiki.
Don't worry about it, please. You need sleep.

Neji.
Hun, just talk to me. Please? :(

Jiki.
Fine..

I can't sleep, is all.

Neji.
Hm, I would ask if you've tried your meds but you don't like taking them, do you?

How about I come over with some snacks and we can stay up together instead? <3

Jiki.
Noo! You need sleep!

Neji.
I can sleep tomorrow. I'm coming over. Love you 💕

Jiki.
Ahh.. I love you too 💕

Tamaki placed his phone back down, gripping onto his blanket as butterflies ran through his stomach. He loved the care he got from his girlfriend, but he still felt bad for keeping her awake. He held onto her words, and made a mental note to make sure she would sleep tomorrow.
It wasn't long before there was a gentle knock at the door, and Nejire popped through. She didn't bother to ask permission to come in. Afterall, she didn't need it. Tamaki already knew she was coming.
"I brought snacks~" Nejire cooed, plopping herself down next to Tamaki with a smile on her face.
Tamaki couldn't help but giggle, scorching over to make room for her. "I still wish you would sleep."
"And I would rather stay up with you and sleep later. C'mon, let's watch a movie and cuddle or something." She suggested, dumping the packet of chocolate chip cookies on the bed as she reached into one of Tamaki's drawers, grabbing out his laptop. She'd spent so long in Tamaki's room that she knew where alot of his things were, and as did he with hers. They often slept over with eachother.
Picking up the cookies and placing them on his lap, Tamaki repositioned the pillows so they could lean up against the wall.
"Heyy- what're you doing? Leave them like normal. You'll have better chance falling asleep if we're not sitting up." Nejire urged.
Tamaki paused for a minute, though quickly doing as he was told. "So that was your plan, then?" He inquired as Nejire scooted next to him.
"Well I'm not gonna force you to stay awake, am I? I'm gonna give you something to do while you fall asleep."
"Heh, of course you are."
Smiling, Nejire put a hand on Tamaki's chest and pushed him back so he was laying down. She then rolled him onto his side and placed the laptop in front of him, opening it as she snuggled up behind Tamaki, laying her head on his shoulder so she could see. "What do you wanna watch?"
Tamaki had simply let Nejire move him around, a content feeling washing over him as she held him. "Uh.. what about Luca?" He suggested.
"Sounds great!" Nejire then put in the password, opening up Luca before pulling the blanket over them. "Open the cookies!" She urged after a while.
Nodding Tamaki opened up the cookie package. After a while, Tamaki had drifted off into sleep, Nejire taking a little while to notice. She was too intrigued with the movie.
Sitting up, she paused the movie and repositioned Tamaki to a slightly more comfortable position. Placing the laptop and cookies on the bedside table, she contemplated going back to her own room, though pushing the thought aside as she snuggled up beside Tamaki. Eventually, she too had fallen asleep. She was glad to of been able to help her boyfriend.

//Hey! Finn here. Sorry this took so long to get out, and that it's a bit short! I wasn't really sure what to write..

I had a semi idea originally but it branched out a little differently to what I'd imagined. Uh, feel free to suggest some plots and little arcs for the next few chapters! I'm open to ideas!!

PS; sorry it's not great, I don't write in either of their pov's much.. at all- only ever done it in this story. Plus, wasn't sure what to do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ //

//1106 words.//