I won't let go.

Tamaki's pov;

After the awkward silence of recess, we walked back to class. Neither of us dared to speak, and my mind wouldn't stop telling me things.
She hates you. You're stupid. She'll never love you, get that thought out of your head. But she seemed.. genuine. No. It was all a trick. If it were truly her, she'd be all clingy and pushy, wouldn't she? Of course she would. There's no way she'd change, especially not for you. You're worthless, a useless nobody she doesn't need. You should just go kill yourself, it's not worth it anymore. Nothing is..
"Tamaki? Are you okay?" I heard a voice interrupt me from my thoughts, it was her...
"Huh? Y-yeah, fine..." I stuttered, surprised by her sudden words.
"But you were crying..." She said, looking worried.
I hadn't even noticed I'd started to cry... But she noticed. She always notices. Does she really love me..? I asked myself, but quickly shook the thought away. Of course she doesn't, you worthless moron.
"Tamaki, you can tell me if something's up..." She said, giving me a sympathetic and worried look.
I let out a sigh as we walked, and stopped in my tracks. Nejire noticed, and stopped too, turning around to face me.
"I'm sorry..." I said, watching her face for her reaction.
Her look turned sad and worried as I'd spoken. Maybe she does care...
"Don't be sorry." She says, leaping at me for a tight hug. I make no objection, and even hug back, although hesitantly. I needed this right now more than anything.. and I knew she knew that, too.
I felt myself sob, and I burry my face into her soft hair as I let my tears flow.
She hugs me tighter, pressing her face into my chest. I could feel the eyes of everyone around us staring, judging, laughing... My body trembled, and my tears fall uncontrollably into her hair, leaving a damp patch.
"Shhhh, calm down." Whispered Nejire, rubbing my back softly to try and comfort me. I was breaking down in front of so many people.. I knew they were gonna make fun of me later.
"Stop crying, you damn extra!" Yelled the voice of a familiar angry ash blonde as he walked past, glaring swords into my soul. "It's annoying to listen to."
I flinched, burrying my face more into Nejire's hair as I trembled.
"Bakugou! C'mon, man. Don't be like that!" I heard Kirishima scolding Bakugou.
"Oh shut up, shitty hair!" Retorted Bakugou.
"Ignore them." Nejire told me, not daring to loosen her grip.
I sniffled, trying to do as she said, even though it was hard.
"I.. can't..." I muttered into her hair, my voice muffled.
"Try, for me?" She asked, and I could tell she was trying to give me a comforting smile, even though I couldn't see it.
I sniffled, struggling to concentrate on her. Ignore them. They don't matter. They just want to hurt you. They want to hurt you because you're useless, and you don't matter. They're just pitying you, judging you, staring at you. They're gonna make fun of you. They're gonna-
"Tamaki," Nejire's words pulled me from my thoughts once again. "They're not judging you." How did she know what I was thinking? It was like she could read my mind. Well, we'd known eachother long enough that I could usually tell what she was thinking, so I guess the opposite is also true.
Plus, I think I was trembling, I could feel my breath increasing. She probably just took an educated guess.
"I'm sorry..." I whispered, my voice shaky from the tears falling down my cheek.
"Don't be sorry if you're not gonna do anything about it." She told me, her voice stern but gentle.
"I..-" I felt my heart skip a beat, and my eyes shot open in slight shock. It took me a moment to figure out whether she was being rude, or genuinely trying to help me. She was being awfully straighr-forward. It kinda stung. I guess I deserved it... No, I needed it.
I took a deep breath, trying to compose myself. I slowly loosen my grip, letting my arms fall to my side. I feel her do the same, and take a step back, a pang of disappointment waving through me. I just want to leap back into her arms, and embrace her warmth, but I decided not to.
I force a shaky smile, my cheeks still wet from my earlier tears. I try to look strong for her, but I know she can see right through me. She can read me like an open book- an audio book, at that, and I know it.
"Here," She said, giving me a comforting smile and lifting her hand to my cheeks. My eyes close as her sleeves wipe my cheeks dry, my face scrunching up slightly as she does so.
When she pulled away, I opened my eyes, and a soft, genuine smile, crept onto my face. "Thank you.." I tell her.
She smiles sweetly, her eyes closed. "Don't mention it!" She exclaimed happily, before grabbing my wrist and skipping down the hall to our classroom, dragging me along.
I feel myself let out a small chuckle as she does so, feeling a pang of unusual happiness wave through me. It felt nice, I didn't want it to stop.
Soon enough, we arrived at our classroom, and I let out a sigh of disappointment as Nejire let go of my hand.
I follow her into the class, sitting down in my seat next to hers. Mirio usually sat next to me on the other side, but he wasn't here today so that seat was empty.
I looked to the teacher, quickly trying to cover my smile by leaning my elbows on the table and covering my mouth with my hands.
He didn't give me a second glance, and just went on with his lesson.
I was zoned out throughout most of it, I couldn't think straight. I just kept thinking about how warm Nejire felt, and how close we'd come to ki-
"Tamaki." Called the teacher. I jerked my head up to meet his cold, emotionless gaze.
"Y-yes?" I stuttered, feeling the judging stared of everyone around me and shrinking into my shoulders.
"What's the answer?" Asked Ectoplasm.
"Uhm..." I tried to think of something good to say, but I had nothing. I gulped, and glanced around nervously at the people staring at me as I slink down into my chair.
I heard Ectoplasm sigh. "Pay attention, Tamaki." He told me, and turned around, going on with the lesson.
I let out a silent sigh of relief as the class stopped staring at me. My god, that was nerve-racking...
I could feel one stare still glazing through my soul, and I let out a slight shiver. I glanced, my head unmoving, to see Nejire giving me a sympathetic smile.
My heart couldn't help but skip a beat as I stared at her, my breath quickening. I turned my head slightly to face her, and forced a soft smile. Her smile increased at that, and I felt my body calm down and instantly relax. I sat back up straight in my chair, then looked towards the teacher. I'd decided what I would do, when I got the chance next. I need to get Nejire alone, so I can tell her I love her...

(1247 words)