Chp. 3: Another Adventure Tour

A small airplane cruised through clear blue skies, headed straight for the place Normani swore she'd never return to no matter what. She tried her best to get re-settled and comfortable. Billy was across from her, cleaning his camera lens before putting them back in a ragged case.

"Even with what I pay you," Normani remarked, "you couldn't get a better bag?"

"No way," Billy responded. "This is lucky. Couple years ago, some buddies and I went hand gliding off these cliffs in New Zealand. Updraft sent me right into the side...WHAM!"

"That does sound lucky," Normani said, chuckling.

"It was this strap alone that saved my life," Billy continued. "Got caught on a rock as I was falling."

"Reverse-Darwinism," Normani said. "Survival of the most idiotic."

"I feel like that's how Dinah felt when you told her you were going on this trip," Billy chuckled.

Normani laughed before shaking her head.

"To my surprise, she actually encouraged me to do it. Especially after I told her about the money. The girls definitely didn't like the idea, though."

"Don't worry. I'll be sure to have your back no matter what. It's the least I could do for you bringing me along."

"The bones will be right where we left 'em. That's what's nice about our job – the bones we find never run away. And besides...you got me into this mess. I don't intend to be alone with these people."

Billy laughed before sitting back, Normani doing the same. After finally finding a comfortable position, the ebony took a nap. Done with his camera, Billy turned to the man sitting behind him – Cooper. He was a mercenary and weapons specialist. He wore sunglasses so dark you couldn't tell whether he was staring at you or falling asleep.

"So," Billy said to him, "how do you know the Goods?"

"Uh..." Cooper hesitated, "...through our church."

The plane continued onward for quite a while. After some time had passed, Normani slowly woke up in her seat. Her grogginess immediately disappeared upon seeing that she was the only passenger on the plane. Not even the pilots were present. Trying to figure out what exactly was happening, she turned to the side of her, only to be met by a velociraptor staring right at her. It eyed her curiously before opening its mouth to speak.

"Normani..." the dinosaur said.

The ebony became uneasy as her body froze in that moment. The raptor kept calling out her name, but after a while, its voice started to sound exactly like Billy's. Before long, she was woken up by said person as he leaned over her a little.

"Normani," Billy said with a smile, "wake up! We're almost there!"

Trying to play off the weird dream she had, Normani gave a hesitant smile before looking out the window. They were finally above the island of Isla Sorna. Everyone on the plane looked out their windows at the amazingly green island. Nash, one of the pilots that Lauren hired, was keeping the plane steady as he took some time to enjoy the scenery he was flying over. Suddenly, a voice came over their radio headsets.

"Unidentified aircraft approaching Isla Sorna, this is San Juan approach. You are flying in restricted airspace. Immediately turn to the coordinates two-zero-zero. I repeat, redirect to..."

Nash shared a look with his co-pilot, Udesky, before switching off the radio. As if the radio interference never happened, the two pilots made their descend to a mere hundred feet above the treetops. Still looking out the window, Lauren put her hand atop of Meagan's, the ebony turning to look at her wife in response.