Best Friends

"ANDROIDS?!"

In the usually calm green plains, close to My Paozu, a furious cry had been made by the only disgruntled housewife for miles.

Chichi was breathing erratically and shook with pure rage as she gazed at her husband, Son Goku. "Let me get this straight, You die after attempting to save our son and failing, you come back a year later only to get yourself nearly killed again, then as soon as you recover, you go to some planet that eventually blows up, and you didn't even let the dragon bring you back... And now you want to take Gohan away from his studies for three whole years to fight some robots?!"

Goku was a bit nervous from her rage "But ... Chichi, the whole Earth could be at stake! We need all the help we can get!"

"He's just a boy, Goku! You may have been raised in the woods with that warrior mentality but I will NOT allowy son to turn into a fighter like his father!" Chichi exclaimed

Gohan simply sat in his bed sadly. It seems like all his mom and dad did was argue. And hey, he wasn't dumb. He could tell when things weren't working out. But Gohan understood his dad's position, Goku always looked at the bigger picture. Save every single person you can and then do whatever you want.

"Chichi." Goku stated calmly "This isn't about anything mental. This is about defending the earth and all who live on it. I... I'm sorry I'm not the perfect husband you want but this is who I am."

Chichi scowled, she went and got herself a glass of water to try and help her think straight.

Goku stepped a bit closer to her "I promise you we'll come and visit. That's not a problem, but if we don't do everything in our power to stop these androids... A lot of people are going to die."

She was starting to get sick of feeling ignored "... What's more important, Goku. Keeping your family happy, or tearing us apart like this..." Chichi stated coldly

Goku then said exactly what Gohan was thinking at that moment "Well... You're the only one torn about this."

Chichi snapped her body in his direction. "You think Gohan wants to fight some stupid robots?!"

"I think Gohan wants to protect the Earth." Goku retorted

Chichi was about to yell again until both parents heard a door creak open. Gohan had now made his presence known. "D-Dad's right, Mom..."

Chichi's eyes snapped wide open. "Are you... defending your father's actions?"

Gohan nervously nodded his head yes as Goku smiled.

Chichi took a deep breath "All I've ever wanted was for us to be a normal family, isn't that what you want, Gohan?"

Gohan gulped "I don't know about all that but... I just want to protect the Earth and all my friends..."

Goku was extremely proud of Gohan right now. These decisions were very hard to make, but Gohan had seen things no child his age ever should have, and he took it in stride.

"... Get out." Goku and Gohan looked at Chichi's face until she finally burst "Get out!" Chichi started throwing things at Goku. Obviously wanting him to leave. Goku looked to Gohan sadly before exiting the the house.

Chichi had finally started calming down "Finally..."

Gohan however, walked to the front door "I'm going with him... B-Bye Mom..."

Chichi quickly looked at the door only to see he was gone. She ran outside and looked around before finding two white trails of energy soaring through the sky. Collapsing onto her knees, she tried comprehending what she'd just done.