To reach an understanding

Every city has its own speciality. Something that makes it unique. Something that makes it memorable in the hearts of its citizens. For me, the Delhi metro isn't just a mode of transportation, it is an emotion. It's the soul of Delhi. One would ask, what's so special about it? After all, it's just a mode of convenience taking people from one part of the city to another.

The moments are what make anything special. And our Metro has seen a lot of it. It has felt the sadness when two people were bidding farewell to one another, maybe, even for forever. It has felt the joy of that hardworking man who finally got his promotion. It has set the perfect romantic atmosphere for the new lovers who thought the metro was the perfect place to carry out their secret quest. It has felt the overwhelming stress of the girl who was finally on her way to pursuing her dreams overcoming all obstacles.

And maybe today also it was witnessing another one of those moments. I was still finding it hard to believe that the guy I had only seen from far away was walking with me as if we were long-lost friends. I had always been a friendly person, but even something strenuous like trust came easily towards him.

Yug and I got off the metro and climbed the stairs to interchange the platforms. I had called my parents and informed them about my situation, and yeah, something about that call told me to be ready for a good life lesson.

"Only if it wasn't late we could have treated ourselves with some Chandni chowk paranthas," Yug said in a voice that manifested great loss.

I couldn't help but pout "Huh I can only wish"

Yug was walking backwards, facing me, giving me the responsibility that no harm should bestow upon him. "Maybe one day"

I looked into his eyes and replied with amusement laced in my voice.

"Yes, maybe one day, and now please start walking like a normal human or else instead of transporting you downstairs, the stairs will transport you to hospital."

He laughed but obliged my words.

To our luck, the metro had just reached the platform. Yug and I took the corner seats. Yug leaned his head on the window, made himself comfortable, and looked at me with sincerity in his eyes. I gave him a questioning look. "What?"

"It's really unfair."

I leaned my head back and nodded. "Well, life is unfair. But what are you talking about?"

"Your name. You know my name whereas my poor self is still deprived of yours."

I grinned. "Hmm, well, I firmly believe that everything has to be earned..especially something special like a name."

He smirked. "Bring it on."

"Be it children, youth, or elderly...Everyone loves it. After a long tiring day, it's the time when the fresh breeze reawakens hope. It's the time of the day when everyone just wants to sit and enjoy a meaningful conversation with their beloved. It brings a lot of things with itself, the happy squealing of children, the laughter of old people, the gossip of ladies, the chirping of birds, and the dancing of trees. It's the time when two phases of a day blend with each other. Can you guess what it is?"

"You love talking in circles. Don't you?" Before I could reply, Yug interrupted me. "Evenings. Your name definitely has to do something with evenings. Wait, let me search for synonyms of sham. (Evening)"

I am sure my jaw must have touched the ground. I mean, maybe the puzzle wasn't tough enough but what was shocking to me, was the fact that he didn't run away. Like, who is sane enough to entertain my insane talks? But also it kind of feels nice ..someone who actually understands me and my craziness.