The secret

Dear diary

I know..I know, it's been a long while since I have bored you with my silliness. Hey, hey..don't complain. Today I have something special for you, real hot gossip. You know, sometimes destiny plays a very peculiar game with our lives. Sometimes it throws you into a whirlwind of chaos and sometimes it throws you into the arms of peace, but there is another level of this game...a game in which there is peace in chaos. Ok, ok coming back to the topic.

So a few weeks back I met a non-stranger yet stranger guy.

His whole aura was something completely different. Something which made me feel at peace. I know it sounds filmy but bear with me. The way he smiled ufff diary he was justtttt so cute. Hyeee, and most importantly he listened. Nowadays when the whole world is screaming at each other, having someone ready to listen is a blessing.

And I hate, absolutely hate myself for not giving him my number. Like no I had to sound like a filmy heroine, dialogues marne hai bs( I just had to use those cliche dialogues).

You must be thinking. "Anthika, isn't it too early to fall in love? For God sake, you have just met him. But don't worry my dear diary I assure you I am not in love, at least not yet. For me, love isn't something that just happens. It is a gradual process, a process whose each step needs to be cherished and to be learnt from. But do I like him? Well, here is a little secret. I had liked him from the first year of my college.

The first time I saw him, it was one of those intercollege programs and I was the head of the debate team, it was my first debate competition and I was quite nervous. He was sitting with his dance team members and one of his team member looked like he was about to puke. Yug went to the guy and out of the blue hugged him and said..."Yarr, tu khaeko tension learha hai? Sun meri baat dhyan se... yahan na sb darpok hai. Bs kuch chupana jante hai aur kuch nhi. Natak valon ki mehfil hai ye tu bs khud pe focus kr." ( Bro, Why are you so tensed? Listen, everyone here is a coward. Some just know how to hide it better. It is a get together of pretentious people. You just focus on yourself). And that was what I craved to hear. From that moment onwards I knew Yug wasn't meant to be just a guy in my life.

After that metro incident, I did look. I always find myself looking around the platforms of different metro stations. My eyes don't seem to stop chanting, 'Please- Please God even a small glimpse would work' but these eyes always return home disappointed, though they never lose their hope. Every day they will start their search operation with new hope and new enthusiasm. Maybe, it was supposed to be just a single beautiful memory meant to be preserved not to be longed for.

Even if it was so, I am grateful. I am grateful that even if it was for just a few hours there was someone who listened to me, with whom I wished to never stop talking. I just hope he doesn't end up sacrificing his soul. I hope, no matter what decision he takes, he remains happy.

I don't know if I will ever meet him, but I still have my chances. The DU fest is just a few days away. Hopefully, I will get to see The Dancing heartthrob once again i.e. if he participates.

-Anthika