Chapter 12: Learning Boundaries

Gui

The rest of the day goes uneventful, as my roommate and I talk about upcoming events.

"Your Travagals sounds like they're doing good." I mutter as I watch a vid from his phone, showing the said animals roaming about their enclosed pen at the zoo Ipp works at.

Ipp nods, smiling.

"Yes...their herd is getting stronger. They may never be able to live in the wild again, but they're happy and content." Ipp replies as I watch the creatures for a few more minutes.

They are beautiful. Eight legged creatures, with their bodies skinny and majestic like cats. Their colors range in bright pastels and neon, from greens, to purples, blues, reds, yellows, and even reds.

Their snouts are larger, wider, and more pronounced, and their tails are more reptilian, ending in spikes.

Their claws are gleaming white, sharp, precise, and perfect. They may be predators, but they are so respectful of their prey and caring to their kind.

When Lyon can breed with them, they'll take care of him well.

Ipp turns his phone off as the commercial on the T.V ends, and our show comes back on. It is nearly dinnertime, and I realize that Lyon has been napping for a good few hours.

"It's almost dinner, perhaps you want to wake Lyon up?" I ask my best friend, and he sighs. "Yeah, I'll grab him." He stands and walks down the hall to his room.

In a few minutes, the sounds of small yips, growls, and whines reaches my ears, and my lips thin.  

Ipp reappears with the squirmy human in his hands, frowning as well.

"He'll take time, Ipp, remember that." I soothe as I pick up the packet of adoption papers we went over earlier and ruffle through them once more.

"Yeah." Ipp agrees as he walks into the kitchen, me right on his tail.  

Jackus

I am placed in the large sink, for some reason. A bath, perhaps?

Like the bath I had right before I got muzzled, I am restrained, ropes connected to my collar holding me in place.

I can't lower my head or turn it from side to side.

But instead of a bath, the two aliens rummage around the kitchen, pulling out packets of what I assume is food.

My owner grabs a cup, opens a bag, and pours out powder into it, then mixes it with a spoon and adds water.