Just A Dream

Chapter 6

Coraline's POV

      I woke up yawning and slowly opening my drowsy,sleepy eyes. What!? What happened to my room!? It's all...wait. Oh,yeah. It was only a dream. I itched my hand because of the poison oak. But wait.

"Huh," I felt my hand, and it was incredibly smooth,"it's gone. My poison oak! It's gone!" I exclaimed in excitement. 'I should go thank her,' I thought.

I went downstairs feeling so happy and tried to open the little door,but it wouldn't open. 'Maybe I need to pull harder,' I thought. I did. Still, it wouldnt open.

                      ~~~~~~~~~

I told my mom everything,but like always,she didn't believe a single word.

"It was incredibly real mom only you weren't really you-you were my OTHER mother," I tried to reason with her.

"Buttons for eyes,huh?" She asked.

I nodded.

"Coraline you only 'dreamed' you ate all the chicken. Take your multivitamin at least," she said quotating her fingers as she said dreamed.

I ignored her.

"You were in the dream, too, dad. You had wild-looking pajamas and orange monkey slippers," I said.

"O-Orange? My monkey slippers are blue. Psst. Can you get me some of that magic mud you were talking about? Cause I have this terrible case of writer's rash. On. My..." He was saying.

Mom clears her throat. "If the real Charlie Jones wants his pages edited, he better wrap them up ASAP," she said.

Dad left. Mom put the carton of milk back in the fridge.

"Coraline, why don't you go visit downstairs. I bet those 'actresses' would love to hear your dream," she said smirking.

"Miss Spink and Forcible?" I asked, "but you said their dingbats," I said patting my head.

She looked at me and just said,"Mmm-hmm."

I went out and almost tripped on a whole bunch of mail. I picked them up and started reading the names on who it belonged to.

"Bobinsky,Bobinsky,Bobinsky..."they all read.

Something smelt really funny. I started sniffing around the air,then I smelt the mail.

"Ew! Poo-wee!" I exclaimed by the horrible smell. I walked upstairs to where it had a sign that said "BOBINSKY HERE" I knocked on the door. Nobody answered.

"Hello? I think our mail got mixed up. Should I leave it outside or?" I put my hear against the door and the door opened. "Ahh!" The cheese flew up in the air,but I caught them. I looked inside. Nobody was there.

"Hmm."

"Secret!" Someone behind me said.

"Ahh," I exclaimed,getting startled. It was Mr. Bobinsky.

"Famous jumping mouse circus not ready,little girl," he said hanging upside down.

"Circus? Oh uh...I brought this for you," I said handing the mail to him.

His eyes went wide, took the mail, and started sniffing it.

He said something in some other language,I didn't know what he said. He was kind of mumbling.

"Huh?" I asked.

"New cheese samples. Very clever using this mix-up to sneek my home and pick up mooshkas," he said.

"Mooshkas?" I asked.

"The mice!" He said.

"Oh. Sorry...I'm Coraline Jones," I said,introducing myself.

"...and I am the amazing Bobinsky. But you can call me Mr. B, because amazing I already know that I am," he said,and jumped of the railing.

"Huh?!" I looked over but he wasn't there.

He came behind me.

"Ha! You see, Caroline, my new songs go oompah,oompah, but the jumping mice play only toodle-toot like that is nice,but no so much amazing. So now, I switch to stronger cheese and soon,watch out!"

I flinched when he said the last part.

"Here,have beet. Make you strong," he said giving me a purple beet,do svidaniya, Caroline," he said and went inside his apartment,or whatever.

"Cor-aline," I corrected him.

I threw the beet away and walked away. Before I went downstairs,I got my lucky hat.

"Oompah,oompah...toodle-toot," I sang.

"Hey Caroline!" Mr. Bobinsky called,"Wait!" He yelled when he jumped off the railing, coming down towards me.

"No!" I yelled and dunked.

"Ah, the mice asked me to give you a message," he said kneeling to me.

"The jumping mice?"

"They are saying," he said looking to see if anyone was looking,"do not go through little door," he said almost whispering.

I gasped.

"Do you know such a thing?" He asked.

"The one behind the wallpaper? But it's all...bricked up," I lied.

"Bah. So sorry. It's nothing. Sometimes the mice are a little mixed-up. They even get your name wrong, you know? They call you Coraline instead of Caroline. Not Caroline at all! Maybe I work them to hard," he said and went inside.