001.

( will look better if read with a black background! )

September 15.
12:13pm

"Watch your step Joy

"Watch your step Joy." I held on to the small hand of one of the 7th grade students that I accompanied occasionally. Since I was a teacher's aid, a lot of the times they used me as a para-professional.

Once we reached the gym, I noticed she began to squeeze my hand. Something I was used to. "It'll be fine, you got me right here." I assured her as we made our way to the bleachers.

As we walked, two of the students waved at Joy. I noticed that these two girls would always try to speak to Joy. Fully knowing she was indeed mute. She would only let out sounds so she used a device to communicate most of the time. Which kind of made me happy to see them trying.

"They waving at you like you famous girl. Let me find out." I whispered into her ear as we sat down, making her start laughing. She slid her bag off, before taking her device out. "Are we participating today?"

She turned her mouth up, looking around the gym. My eyes followed to see that today's activity would most likely be basketball or free choice. Since there wasn't any equipment out. Play , the device read out loud as she tapped on it.

"Okay. Just go sit in your spot okay?" She nodded before putting her device in my lap, before making her way to her spot on the gymnasium floor.

For the next 10 minutes, Coach Dee went over attendance then let them choose what they decided to play. Joy ended up playing jump-rope with the girls who had waved. I stayed on the bleachers, pulling out my IPad so I myself could get some school work done.

Using my pen, I went over a few power-points and other distributed notes from my Psychology professor. We were currently on personality traits, and it's truly opened my mind. Made way more sense to me than trying to say someone acted a certain way since they were born on a specific day.

After about 15 minutes of me doing school work, Coach Dee was right next to me, running her mouth about the new gym teacher who would soon be working here. "I'm just glad they getting somebody new, I'm tired of running after these bad ass kids." She rolled her eyes.

"It'll be nice to have a fresh face. Hopefully, he's nice. That old guy they had as your sub was the worst." I used my hands to emphasize, noticing the time on my watch; I started packing my belongings back into my large purse.

"Yea, the kids said he was an asshole. Ion' like when they be stank. Like this my gym bitch, respect it." As she spoke, she rolled her eyes.

"Me either. If you knew you ain't have patience for kids, leave them at the playground." I noticed Joy walking over, she sat beside me; grabbing her device. Time, it read out loud. "Just 3 more minutes til' we head to lunch." She nodded and packed her device away.

- -

After a long 9 hour school day and a long uber ride, I was back home. I kicked my croc's off and made my way further into the 2-story house, into the kitchen. "Ma!" Looking over the room, I seen everything left the same way it was at 8AM.

Taking out my phone, I FaceTimed her. Cause like why you not home being a mother? She declined my call before a text came through.

Mama Dearest💗: I'll be home l8r.

I laughed at her little abbreviation. She always found a new one and fiend to use it. My mother was only 35, meaning she had me at 15; I had to sometimes raise myself but I know now that she was a child trying to raise a child herself.

However, I couldn't deny how she stood behind me and supported everything I desired to do or do. Which I couldn't be more thankful for. Even my breast augmentation.

"Well, now I'm lonely." I poured as I made my way upstairs. One thing for sure and one thing for certain, a bitch I really ain't have no friends. But I was fine with that. When people seen me, I feel like they expect this loud, rambunctious girl; and I'm not. I'm the total opposite. Only people who didn't do that was my cousin Tae, and our bestfriend Jade.

I entered my bedroom, laying on the bed; before going on my phone to FaceTime Tae. Immediately she answered, from her background she looked like she was in some type of car. "Where you at?" She questioned, lifting my phone, I put my bedframe to view. "Okay, you off tomorrow?"

"Yea, I'm thinking of getting my nails done." I looked them over, definitely needed a fill in. They ain't giving what they was supposed to gave.

"Bet. We can grab food after." Her greedy ass, of-course was going to find someway to include food.

Letting out a light laugh, I agreed. "Hopefully Shay not too busy, I'm not trynna' be waiting all day." Shay was a Highschool classmate of mine who worked in a beauty shop, I would only get my nails done by her, but she stayed with customers lined up.

"Fa'real. It be mad heads in there." I heard a voice in the background speaking, making me scrunch my face up. "That's Jade, we on our way to you, so unlock the door hoe!" She hung up, making me shake my head.

Getting out my bed, I unlocked the door before making my way back upstairs. I decided to take a quick shower before the hood rats popped up at my house.

- -

Just a little calm day for our girl Nat, the first 2 chapters are for more character building. Then we gonna let these two collide. Let's see how that goes.  🤫