Troubled mess

And here we are with the next chapter, enjoy! And I am really sorry for the late update, I had actually lost all my motivation to continue, but now I am in the mood to continue this, but don't expect me to update a lot.

...

Normal pov

It was already nightfall, and Sakura had a really deep feeling of disturbance that something bad was going to happen, and sje was hoping that it has nothing to do with Jet. She could tell by the look in his eyes that he how much he was hurt by the Fire Nation, making a debate wether she must ask him about his past or not. Yes she had heard a lot how the nation had made the Earth Kingdom suffer during her travel to find her sister. Some children became homeless or parents were forced to watch their children get killed, women were taken and sold as slaves, men were either burned to death,  forced to dress up as fire nation soldiers and left unarmed in the battle field just for their amusement or send to mines and underground, being forced to help build their territory bigger till they drop dead. It had disgusted her down to every fiber of her being, but there were also other fire nation that wasn't as cruel, as long as the people listen to them, the innocents were left alone to live a peaceful life. It gave her the idea that not all of the fire nations wanted this war, and that they have a family of their own to look after. Letting out a sigh after she snapped out of her thought, she continued to her last stop, and after she was done with her last round, Sakura headed back to the teashop, feeling tired from all the walking, questions that people kept asking her about her hair, and thieves that had tried to rob her. Sakura only hoped that her boss would gave her the rest of the night off after this long errands she had to go through, it had been awhile since she had a very long walk. She was a few feet away from the shop, when suddenly, to figures came out flying out of the shop, and she watched in shock and horror to see who they are, It was Jet and Zuko, and they were fighting! Sakura cursed under her breath as she watched the two fight, she quickly asked a stranger to hold her stuff before dashing towards them, and she screamed.

"JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!! LEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!"

Both Jet and Zuko suddenly jumped in surprise as they were suddenly getting tackled to the ground, all three letting out a loud "oof" as they crashed. All of the people stared in shock and surprise as Sakura grabbed them both but their shirts and started telling at them.

"What in the name of the spirits is going on here!?"

...

To say the least, Zuko and Iroh was not expecting Sakura to defend Jet from the Dai Li after the trouble he had caused, claiming that he was drunk and can have hallucinations about the fire nations, making a few misunderstanding whom ever he met. Jet was actually knocked out by the punch in the gut Sakura had given him, claiming it's the only way to stop Jet's rampage. It took awhile to convince, but the Dai Li eventually let them be as they walked pass the crowd, not before letting them know that he manger of the teashop is aloud to punish Jet. Because of the fight, the teashop had to close, making the manger very unhappy that he lost a few money.

"When the boy wakes up and is sober, tell him he is going to fix his mess and will have to make me money for the next 6 months and be my errand boy!"

"Yes sir."

"Good."

The manger had let out a displease hmph before closing the shop and walked away, leaving them alone, and once they headed back to their home, Zuko and Iroh began to question her. She wasn't in the mood for all this questios, but she explained anyway, hoping to end quicker so she can go sleep.

"I really don't know, I just acted without thinking, Jet really is a nice guy, but his hatred for the fire nation is clouding him. If I can just make him understand and convince that you two are not a threat at all, we can stay out of this mess, because I have a feeling that the Dai Li will keep a ln eye on us."

"You should've just let him get arrested."

"I don't know about that, Prince Zuko, Jet really looks like a really good ally to have, maybe we should leave it to Sakura, I can tell she's great at convincing."

".... Fine, but if it doesn't work out, I am calling the Dai Li to get him arrested."

"It's fine by us nephew, now let's get some sleep, since we have a guest in our house, Prince Zuko, you can share a room with Sakura while I look after this young man."

"..."

"..."

Iroh grinned as both Sakura and Zuko turned red, and Sakura knew that he was doing this on purpose to tease them, had he figured out that she had forming feelings for the banished Prince? And Zuko was thinking the same thing, then glared at his uncle in embarrassment. After they calmed down, and ties Jet up just in case if he tries doing anything funny, they went straight to bed, too tired to even argue.

...

"Untie me you filthy ashmakers! Sakura how could you side with them!?"

"Young man, please calm down, this is for your own good not to cause any more trouble."

"And be grateful she actually prevented tou from getting arrested, if it was my case, I would've let you get arrested for that stupid stunt you pulled that we can live peacefully."

"Why you-"

"Okay guys calm down, this is way to early for any argument!"

Jet growled at them, but didn't struggle and kept quiet, knowing if he made the wrong move, he was toast. As grateful as he is for Sakura to save him from the Dai Li, he was pissed at her that she knew all this time that they are firebenders. Though he didn't know why she prevented the arrest, he was sure that she was going to turn him in if he had attack, so why did she defend him?

"... By the way Jet, our boss is not happy that you destroyed the teashop, the Dai Li and the shop owner had given you a punishment by working and becoming a errand boy for a whole six months, refuse and you will be thrown into jail."

"... You can't be serious."

"No he is dead serious, you have no choice in this Jet."

"... Fuck."

"No swearing young man"

"Uncle, shut up."

...

Sakura had let out a irritated sigh, feeling her headace getting worse as Jet tried to pick a fight with Zuko by provoking him, though that had earned him a hard slap with a fan behind his head. It had been a week since that day, the shop was still open, but Jet was forced to fix the damage he had cause, like fixing the wall, had to get a few people to help him carry new tables inside the shop, Zuko unwillingly being one of them. Sakura only continued her job as a tea server, now and then glancing at were Jet and Zuko were placing the tables, making sure that there isn't another fight breaking out.

"Excuse miss, can I have another refill?"

"Yes sir, coming right up."

Sakura gave a kind smile as she took the empty cup from the customer, and went to Iroh for another full cup of tea, smiling now and then as Iroh was delighted at how many compliments he was receiving.

' This is finally so peaceful, I hope it can stay like this for a long time.'

"Damnit Jet stop pushing it!"

"You're the one that's pushing it!"

Or maybe not so peaceful she had hoped it should be.

...

And I am done my dear viewers, again I apologize that it took me that long to start a new chapter of this story. So please stay tuned for the next chapter.