One

"5, 6, 7, 8" is the last thing I heard before falling from the extension. Then a massive thump was audible around the gym.

"Girl what is up with you this week?! You are our star cheerleader and you can't get an extension right? What's next you can't do a cartwheel?"

"Sorry coach.." I say, " I've just been, thinking. Can I talk to you after practice?"

"Fine, but quit thinking and get to work?"

Then came the constant song of "Hit! Hit! Pull!" And eight counts until practice was over.

***

"Hey Ali, what's up?"

"Coach I am just going to come right out and day it..... I'm quitting!" I hold my breath and and wait for her to lecture me about quitting.

"Do you have a legitimate reason?" She asks sternly.

"Well...." I bite my lip nervously, I have yet to tell anyone. "I GOT AN INTERNSHIP AT A DESIGN COMPANY!!!"

"Ali that's great, but it's no reason to blow out my eardrum." She says while rubbing her ear.

"Oh um yeah sorry. But since I'm doing that I won't be able to come to cheer."

"I know that. But you know what you have to do now. Hand over the bow." then to my dismay she made the 'hand it over' motion with her hand.

"Come on coach! This is my favorite bow! It completes my collection! It describes my life, with one loop chevron and one loop polka dots!" I am practically crying at this point. Don't think for a second I'm exaggerating. Everything I said was 100% true.

"Ali you know I need the bow for your replacement."

"Coach," I make a pouty face, "can you pwease use one of the extras and can I pwease keep it?" Hey I didn't want to go as low as begging but I love that bow!

"Fine Ali, but don't think it's special treatment!" I know it is though. Not to be conceited, but I've always been her favorite.

"Don't get your panties in a twist coach. I wont." I say as I start running home.

"Your better not! She yells in my direction."

*************************************

A/N So I didn't want to for this book but oh well. I was going to pre-write the whole thin but I've decided not to. I'm not even sure about the title. Lol, I don't know. But I hope you enjoyed!