Two

Today is my first day at the design company, and let me just say I am super excited!! Even though it's just an interview it's such an honor to even go there.

Carefully I pick out my outfit. I decide to be cheesy and go with the colors of their logo. I wear red vans, black skinny jeans, a red t-shirt, with a black infinity scarf, and finally a bun with a red bow. Perfect!

The drive to the building was nerve-wracking. Every second made me more and more anxious.

Is my outfit stupid?
Will it seem like I'm sucking up?
What will they think of me?

I Almost decide not to go. But I know this is a once in a life time opportunity. I may never get a chance like this again. So I control my breathing and continue driving.

Once I get there I walk up to the secretary's desk.

"Hi I'm hear to see Kade Winters."

"And you are?" She looks at me through the tops of her glasses.

Well she isn't helping my nerves.

"Allison Reyes, I'm the new intern."

"Oh," She gives a mocking smile "This way Miss Reyes."

I follow her into an elevator as we ascended 7 floors. Lucky number 7. I hope.
We go down a series of hallways. I try to memorize the turns as to not get lost on my way back.

Right.
Left.
Left.
Right.
Left.
Right
Left.
Right.
Right.
...

After that I lost track. This building is HUGE on the inside. Its like a maze that's filled with lab rats wearing fashion ideas gone wrong. In my opinion anyway.
Finally we stop at a wooden door surrounded by windows.

"Wait here."
I've been told to wait. Do I stand in the same place? Do I move? What if I puke? I'm not going to puke. Am I? All of these things and more run though my head as I try to peek through the blinds, failing at doing so.
After about three minutes I hear someone say, "Well don't just stand there! Bring her in!"
The secretary lady walks out and waves me inside, walking away in the process.
Well that was kind of rude. Slowly I make my way inside the massive office. Once I see the interior I freeze. Woah. It really is massive. The office was covered practically wall to wall in awards and certificates. The carpet was black, as well as his desk and chairs, and lamps and other miscellaneous pieces of furniture rocked different shades of red. Well one thing was for sure. She loves her company.

"Well don't just stand there, we only have an hour!" She looks at me with menacing eyes.
I walk in the rest of the way and sit down. Trying to avoid her eyes. He laughs.
Laughs.

"Um ma'am, I don't understand what's so funny."

"You. You're hilarious. You're afraid of me, which is ridiculous, I'm the least scary person here. Also you put up with my secretary. She can be.... moody. Most people don't last with her long enough to get to me."

"Hmm, I wonder why. She was such a delight." I say sarcastically. Maybe I'm warming up to her to fast.

"Really?"

"No ma'am, not really." This is the truth. She kind of scared me, and she was a little rude.

"Well get used to it. If you get the internship then you'll be seeing her alot."

"I will ma'am, It doesn't bother me too much." That's the truth. People think that I'm little miss princess but I get picked on as much as the next person.

"Also, don't call me ma'am. I hate it it sounds so... formal. Call me Winters. No Miss! Just Winters!" I forgot how young she was, only in her mid twenties. She's made it so far so fast.

"Yes ma- Winters."

"That's better."

"You know what Reyes, I like you. You have a fashion sense, and you seen like a nice girl. I think I can look past your suck-up attitude so far." She jumps onto her desk, "So I'm tired, let's just skip the interview."

"Oh thank goodness," I flop into a chair. "Sucking up gets tiring ya know." She is way less professional than I thought and I love it.

"I feel ya sista. You have no clue how much I had to suck up to get this office. Now to prove yourself instead of the interview I want you to redo my office. Make it look less... bleh. Make it modern and funky. I will be back next Monday, that gives you a week." She hands me the key to her office, a map of the building, and her credit card. "Good luck Reyes."