Threats

Of course, Corona immediately went into defense mode.  No one saw the Saporians suddenly storming Corona.  No one expected that it would be so easy for the Saporians to quickly over take the castle either.  Varian only had time to make one automaton before they showed up.

"We should be able to suppress them..." Fredric muttered.

"Sir!"  Stan came running to him.  "Andrew and the Saporians escaped their cell!"

"How is that possible?  That could only happen if someone let them out!  How did the Saporians breach the castle?"  Nigel cried with disbelief.

"They didn't..."

Fredric stroked his beard.  "Our own employees are Saporian?"

"It appears so.  A lot of our own new soldiers are turning on us..."

"Stan, go find my wife and bring her to this room with me, now," Fredric demanded.

"Right!"  He turned to run, but froze.  The queen was already in the doorway, but a knife was held to her throat as Andrew held her arms tightly.

"If I were you, I would surrender," he taunted.

"Arianna!"  Fredric didn't dare move.

"Give over the fight, or the Queen is a pin cushion."

The king clenched his fists.  "Alright, just harm her-"

"You can't just hand them the Kingdom!"  Nigel cried.

"I can, and I will!"  Fredric snapped.

Varian was running in the halls, but stopped when he saw Andrew's back.  Immediately, he hid himself behind the corner and put a hand over his mouth.  He careful listened to the conversation.  His stomach boiled, whether from shock, fear or adrenaline, he wasn't sure.  Perhaps all three.

Quickly forming a half baked plan, Varian fingered his knock out powder.  He could hear the man threatening to kill Arianna, and it made his heart leap to his throat.  Arianna acted as his mom since his redemption.  Once she relearned that his mother was dead, she made it known that she would do her best to fill her shoes, which Varian appreciated.  He was glad to have found a friend in her, but now that was being threatened by none other than Andrew.

Unfortunately, he didn't even try to sneak up on Andrew.  He slightly peaked out only to find that Kai was there the whole time and didn't miss the chance to grab him.  Varian shrieked, causing the conversation in Eugene's office to pause momentarily.

Andrew stepped slightly aside for Kai to throw Varian in the room.  He landed on his side with an "Oof!"

"Ah, buddy.  Long time no see."

"Andrew..." Varian replied in an echoing voice, clenching his fists.

"Shall we start the party then?"  The Saporian smirked, sending chills down Varian's spine.